Isco

Ursegor

World Champion
Plip: You might have a point. I can't really comment on how the players used to perform below Barca B levels since I only watch Barca B (anything below that level is way too raw for me to assess the quality of players properly IMO). It's just that whenever I see Rafinha he doesn't look like a midfielder. More like a forward. Like ... he doesn't dictate things. Rushes decisions. Goes for the Hollywood pass way too often etc. He can run with the ball at his feet but that's all I see him doing. No idea how much of that is down to Eusebio.

GiantKiller

I haven't watched the B team much, but what I've heard is that Eusebios' team plays in a way that's different to the first team or any other Barca team for that matter. So, that might explain Rafinhas' current situation.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Plip: You might have a point. I can't really comment on how the players used to perform below Barca B levels since I only watch Barca B (anything below that level is way too raw for me to assess the quality of players properly IMO). It's just that whenever I see Rafinha he doesn't look like a midfielder. More like a forward. Like ... he doesn't dictate things. Rushes decisions. Goes for the Hollywood pass way too often etc. He can run with the ball at his feet but that's all I see him doing. No idea how much of that is down to Eusebio.

In so far as we are discussing levels of performance below Barça B, I do agree that there is a certain degree of rawness in the talent pool available. However, when you have two players (the ones I singled out) perform to a nigh perfection under previous coaches (Sergi Roberto was actually amazing under Lucho) and then suddenly become incredibly erratic in terms of build-up, tactics and dictation of play - one must beg the question of what exactly happened between now and then, and how may there even be such a tremendous change for worse.

I honestly believe that Eusebio has neither the skill to nurture the so-called "perlas," and prepare them for the transition in to the first team, nor does he have the ability to see the bigger picture of how the team should be structured in order to perform on a higher level. Barça B's structure has fallen to complete irrelevance ever since he took over - the team has no distinctive identity. By the looks of it, he seems to be on his merry way in destroying players that were once deemed as great talents. Shame, really.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I imagine Isco moves to the head of RM's desire list but since his father manages his career, would he be foolish enough to let him go to a circus club like that?

Robbie

Pedro Leon would've been better off going to AC Milan when they wanted him, instead of Madrid. And if Mata & Canales couldn't make it at Madrid either, Isco would be crazy to go there.

IMO, he's going to Manchester United or Manchester City in the summer.

footyfan

Calma, calma
A better example of a player Madrid ruined was Canales.

Except for the fact that Canales was signed on the basis of 3-4 good games, so there was no guarantee that he was a player who could be given the tag of "ruined by Madrid". He had troubles both with injuries and struggling to hold down a starting spot not just at Madrid but also Valencia.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Love this player.... hope he goes anywhere but Madrid,, maybe he will replace cristiano though

Home of Barca Fans