Diego Simeone

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Diego Simeone

diego-simeone-coach-atletico-madrid-600x400.jpg

Current Atletico Madrid manager. Liked him as a player too.
Someone said on the chat that only Real Madrid and Barcelona won more points than Atletico since Simeone took over. And now wins his first European title.

And look how dignified he is as a winner. No crazy celebrating. True gentleman.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Cholo was a bad-ass as a player and he transmit that fighting spirit to his team as a manager now. Simeone comes from that generation of underachiever Argentine players who despite having loads of talents always failed to win anything with the Albiceleste. The generation that has been through all the despairs that the Argentina NT went through in post-Maradona era and I believe, these guys are the ones who AFA need to look at. The guys who have the hunger to achieve the glory they've failed to get as the players.

He did a brilliant job at Atleti in such a short time. If they didn't lose so many points under Manzano they were surely higher in the league now.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Loved him as a player (except when he played against a club I like), loved him at River even after his team imploded and needed to go, love him at Atletico.

King Leo

Banned
Loved him as a player and look how he turned out to be as a coach. I know another Argentinian that will make a great coach one day and his name is Mascherano!

impeh

Hi, its me..
will be interesting to see how he deals with falcao most probably leaving, theyll get a lot of money.

Wonder if he will try and go for a big name forward (like they did with falcao) or a couple of smaller players.

Done a great job so far though, nice to see them finally getting a bit of stability. :blush:

Cule4life

The Culest
He must have busted a lung shouting at his players tonight. And his subsitutions :worthy: perfectly timed. On the other hand we have a wooden one faced man as our manager who waits until we are 4-0 down to make changes. Some are just born to be managers

PaulFCB

Banned
Wonderful run in the Europa League last year, kinda shitty this year with the home game against Rubin when at 0-1 Courtois was trying to score :lol:.
Supercup blaster with Chelsea.
Miracle win in the Copa Final with city rivals.
I have a feeling Simeone will be in 1 year coaching Inter as he said he desires.

Home of Barca Fans