Diego Simeone

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I love how open he is about how La Liga is boring, in terms of the title race anyway. I'd really like to see him deliver Atletico a title.

Ghost

^Any league would be boring with Real and Barca in it.

When was the last time an English team outplayed these two again? Yeah, no. The quality gap is just obvious. Barca and Real would dominate any league. Maybe not in thier current state, because, well.. BAYERN.

But a year or 2 ago? Yes.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I pray that this guy stays at Atletico for a long, long time. If they can instill the winning and elite mentality as a permanent part of their club, la liga may never be a duopoly again.

F

Flavia

Simeone, about ramos and cr whining after the clasico:
"Las palabras de Ramos y Cristiano me hicieron reír mucho" - "The words of ramos and cr made me laugh a lot" :pep:

CatalinR10

Huge-Academy-Award-Worthy-Clapping-MRW-Gif.gif

Andrew M

Football is too changeable and cyclical to have a best manager in the world.

Atleti have also been bosses in the transfer market over the past 4 years.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Simeone is a fucking legend, even gained the respect of an arrogant twat like Mourinho. 3 years ago when he took over they were 13th in the league. Now, not even with some massive influx of funds, he's gotten them 1st in the league and the CL final. It was this man that broke the duopoly of la liga and made Atletico into powerhouses. I can't imagine him leaving, I pray that he never does.

He's pretty much the foil of Mourinho. Defensive tactics and industrial football but never parks the bus. A charismatic gentleman to Mourinho's mind-game playing politics. Coaching a team with a small budget vs. having hundred's of millions at his disposal (though Mou's Porto wasn't a financial powerhouse, I concede).

Like for like, coaches like him and Klopp are the most ingenious in the world right now. Dortmund were the dark horses making it to the finals of the CL last year, and this year it's Atletico who are the Spanish counterpart. Two coaches, that despite all the praise they receive, are probably still underrated. So ecstatic for Atletico right now.

Home of Barca Fans