Diego Simeone

khaled_a_d

He has just one La Liga last year and he didn't have the best squad to do it. He has won Atletico 2 Liga titles which is two third of their league titles in past 40+ years.
I think talking about Atletico going for new manager is a bit early tbh
If anything, I think they need new SD, many of their signings are underwhelming tbh. They really failed to rebuild their defense which is their identity tbh

Andresito

Staff member
Friend of mine who's an Atleti fan is growing tired of Cholo. Can imagine others feel the same way.

FinBarcelonafan

Didn't paint himself in a good light with the Daniel Wass injury situation.

That's Simeone. I am sure in the past life he was some war leader. Expects you to die on the pitch, if needed. The guy is pretty crazy sometimes.

That sort of dedication comes with good and bad.

Messi983

That's Simeone. I am sure in the past life he was some war leader. Expects you to die on the pitch, if needed. The guy is pretty crazy sometimes.

That sort of dedication comes with good and bad.

Yeah, can't question his commitment and passion but problem is he doesn't have the same players anymore he had in the past when warriors like Godin, Juanfran, D.Costa, Griezmann, Arda, Gabi, Raul Garcia, younger Koke, Saul,...fully identified with his personality and were also ready to "die" on the pitch for him. Nowadays not so much. New players have never bought into his ideas like the old core. At some point he also wanted to adapt his football and start to play more offensive but his team lost their true identity in the meantime. A lot of goals they are conceding this season they would never concede 5-6 years ago, they are just a mess defensively and not good/creative enough going forward to score a goal more than opponent rather than concede a goal less like in the past.

Don't know what Atletico plans but I think it would be the best for all sides to part ways in the summer. Atletico needs someone who will bring fresh ideas and if they're not ready to give up on Felix build a team that will better suit to his strengths. OTOH Simeone is still a very good coach who shouldn't have problems to find a new club but whoever will hire him will need to give him resources (money and time) to build the team his way if they want to succeed. He won't suddenly adapt his philosophy or at least he won't be as successful as he could be if they'll ask him to change the way he sees football.

It's the same if someone would demand from Pep to give away possesion football, start to sit back and play on fast counter attacks. He's a good enough coach to eventually also win something this way but he would never replicate his success because he would never fully believe and commit to that brand of football. And if/when a coach himself doesn't believe in his own ideas then it's impossible to "sell" those to his players.

FinBarcelonafan

I agree. Simeone is too comfortable there and Atletico with him. Time to go somewhere else and improve new style. You can't stay the same forever, you will get worse like Mourinho.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah, can't question his commitment and passion but problem is he doesn't have the same players anymore he had in the past when warriors like Godin, Juanfran, D.Costa, Griezmann, Arda, Gabi, Raul Garcia, younger Koke, Saul,...fully identified with his personality and were also ready to "die" on the pitch for him. Nowadays not so much. New players have never bought into his ideas like the old core. At some point he also wanted to adapt his football and start to play more offensive but his team lost their true identity in the meantime. A lot of goals they are conceding this season they would never concede 5-6 years ago, they are just a mess defensively and not good/creative enough going forward to score a goal more than opponent rather than concede a goal less like in the past.

Don't know what Atletico plans but I think it would be the best for all sides to part ways in the summer. Atletico needs someone who will bring fresh ideas and if they're not ready to give up on Felix build a team that will better suit to his strengths. OTOH Simeone is still a very good coach who shouldn't have problems to find a new club but whoever will hire him will need to give him resources (money and time) to build the team his way if they want to succeed. He won't suddenly adapt his philosophy or at least he won't be as successful as he could be if they'll ask him to change the way he sees football.

It's the same if someone would demand from Pep to give away possesion football, start to sit back and play on fast counter attacks. He's a good enough coach to eventually also win something this way but he would never replicate his success because he would never fully believe and commit to that brand of football. And if/when a coach himself doesn't believe in his own ideas then it's impossible to "sell" those to his players.

Agree but Griezmann shouldnt be on the warrior list :lol:

Morten

Why not, he was always running his ass off for the team.

Actually did the same here. Was not a fit for the team but I've never questioned his commitment and professionalism.

Still, someone who does fortnite celebrations in WC finals is not what i would call a warrior.

BarcaOG

Banned
Still, someone who does fortnite celebrations in WC finals is not what i would call a warrior.

i agree completely. cant stand cringy celebrations, i think it reflects the type of careless attitude that plagues our team and modern football more generally. look at dele ali: he looks like a clown, completely unprofessional, and its no surprise his football reflect that

Home of Barca Fans