Diego Simeone

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Simeone has been an amazing manager and I hope he doesn't leave. I hope people start giving Atletico the respect they deserve and quit with all the "Pathetico" comments. It's unfair and rude to constantly insult a smaller level team for not winning all the time even though they are climbing a huge mountain to become elite despite horrible financial restrictions in la liga.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wonderful run in the Europa League last year, kinda shitty this year with the home game against Rubin when at 0-1 Courtois was trying to score :lol:.
Supercup blaster with Chelsea.
Miracle win in the Copa Final with city rivals.
I have a feeling Simeone will be in 1 year coaching Inter as he said he desires.

I feel sorry for him if he goes to Inter.

XaviMessiGirl

Unless Mazzarri completely fails I don't think Simeone will be at Inter for a while, if it happens. Tired of revolving door of coaches.

Andrew M

Simeone has been an amazing manager and I hope he doesn't leave. I hope people start giving Atletico the respect they deserve and quit with all the "Pathetico" comments. It's unfair and rude to constantly insult a smaller level team for not winning all the time even though they are climbing a huge mountain to become elite despite horrible financial restrictions in la liga.

You know if the rights get re-distributed, team like Valencia etc will get about the same. Valencia are only a 5 mill short of Man U :lol:

It is only the really small ones that suffer, not your Atleticos and Valencias

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Atletico and Valencia get funds from European competition revenues, but their treatment in the la liga financial pool is ridiculous.

JamDav1982

Atletico and Valencia get funds from European competition revenues, but their treatment in the la liga financial pool is ridiculous.

Valencia and Atletico voted against a change to the model as they will get less money. They dont want a system of more equal distribution.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Valencia and Atletico voted against a change to the model as they will get less money. They dont want a system of more equal distribution.

That change takes away an unreasonable amount of money from 3rd-5th place teams as opposed to the top 2

Andrew M

Exactly. Valencia got nearly as much as Man utd last season.

La Liga won't get stronger if the money is more evenly distributed, just Barca and Real will get weaker.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Exactly. Valencia got nearly as much as Man utd last season.

La Liga won't get stronger if the money is more evenly distributed, just Barca and Real will get weaker.

Not even. Barca and Real Madrid won't get weaker. They never do. English football is full of clubs that are in debt and have done fuck all to knock the top clubs of their perch. Not to mention, didn't do that much better in Europe. The clubs that are at the top are foreign owned with deep pockets, so I don't know how TV revenue is going to be the savior of Spanish football. Especially when it is evident, time and time again, that with little proper management clubs have went far, as with the case of Malaga, Villareal and Getafe from before them.

Real Madrid and Barcelona agreed to do collectie bargaining, which means that Real Madrid and Barcelona can help smaller clubs make more money using Real's and Barca's leverage but the % of the pie remains relatively similar. For the longest time, clubs in Spain had no sponsors this year. Which is fuckin' stupid.

Andrew M

EPL's competitiveness is illusory, I agree.They make out like it was all careful planning when it is just foreign investment. Atletico and Valencia had no sponsor for awhile, didn't they? But was that not because they held out for more or something. I think the Azerbaijan gov pay Atleti well

MVBarcaFan

tomwaits.jpg
Diego_Simeone_-_01.jpg

Not sure if Tom Waits or Diego Simeone.

Home of Barca Fans