Raphael Varane

Birdy

That fee being reported is scandalous really so all the more reason to not think any of Perez dreams will work out as he might want

Entirely deserved for putting club in position of a desperate yob who has to sell to stay alive

It is scandalous.
Yet again a club is caving to Perez's demands during a sale of a RM player.
I don't know if he has a charisma or something into fooling others towards his wishes and distorting reality

soul24rage

If Utd get a better CDM and GK, they have a real good starting XI

I wasn't following the news but why did Varane leave RM? Did RM wanted to sell him or did Varane just wanted to leave?

serghei

I wasn't following the news but why did Varane leave RM? Did RM wanted to sell him or did Varane just wanted to leave?

Because sometimes you feel a chapter has ended and it's time for a change. Varane has been with Madrid for a long time. What is it, 8 years?

El Gato

Villarato!

He's not been keen for some time now and reportedly only stayed for Zidane. Won everything here and mostly got abuse whenever attack wasn't up to scratch and we conceded key goals to lose points.

How much is he going for?

€50M + bonuses by some sources now
35M quid + bonuses reported yesterday by others

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
50m is more than brilliant business for someone who only has one year left in his contract.

The business genius of Perez strikes again, we can only envy.

Perhaps we should hire some Real Madrid rejects on our business side.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Wow wow wow who would have thought this ? Real loosing two main defenders in one summer! I remember the time in 12/13 (wow already 9 years have gone *cry* ) when he was hyped. Good for barca, he was a great defender.

FinBarcelonafan

50m is more than brilliant business for someone who only has one year left in his contract.

Perhaps we should hire some Real Madrid rejects on our business side.

He is highly regarded in football. World Cup CL wins etc Easy fifty million sale.

khaled_a_d

Not sure man, RM themselves bought Hazard and Courtois for some serious money with 1 year left. PPSG is asking for astronomical fee for Mpabbe and even Manu won't let Pogba cheaply.
One year left doesn't always mean such low fee if it is for a truly high profile player, which Varane

fergus90

I am very surprised they are willing to lose Ramos and Varane in the same window. I can only assume Varane made it crystal clear he won't renew so Madrid decided to recoup whatever they can now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure man, RM themselves bought Hazard and Courtois for some serious money with 1 year left. PPSG is asking for astronomical fee for Mpabbe and even Manu won't let Pogba cheaply.
One year left doesn't always mean such low fee if it is for a truly high profile player, which Varane

I still think 50m is a lot for him, especially in today's COVID world with depressed (or more normalized and realistic) transfer fees and with one year left.

Home of Barca Fans