Raphael Varane

El Gato

Villarato!
Not training, allegedly. Looks like this could be it.

I'm sad but grateful. I truly hoped he could spend a career here, but if he feels he needs change to rediscover himself then all the best. Closest thing Real had to a true, clean and dominant Nesta type defender and will be remembered fondly as the guy who went toe to toe with prime Messi at 19.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It's a bit insane that he's still only 28. Not sure how I would feel if a Barca legend leaves at that age, but I kind of believe him when he says that he wants a new challenge. He hasn't been as good in the last ~2 years, maybe his heart just wasn't in it anymore.

Hope Madrid stay away from Kounde.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don’t think he’s ever said it anyway.

Kounde only in if we sell 3-4 more I think and nobody wants them. Otherwise 60M into the coffers for budgeting purposes like last years 70 we got for Hakimi and Reguilon

serghei

The sad part is these guys are losing both Ramos and Varane, and their Alaba/Nacho - Militao pairing is still better than ours. :lol:

mc_lovin

The sad part is these guys are losing both Ramos and Varane, and their Alaba/Nacho - Militao pairing is still better than ours. :lol:

Such a shame we can't use our (non-existing) financial might anymore. In a normal world we would just sign a decent CB and I would quite like our squad. Now we need luck for a few talents to work out. At least Real, Liverpool, Juventus and Bayern are in similar positions (not financially, but squad wise).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Such a shame we can't use our (non-existing) financial might anymore. In a normal world we would just sign a decent CB and I would quite like our squad. Now we need luck for a few talents to work out. At least Real, Liverpool, Juventus and Bayern are in similar positions (not financially, but squad wise).

Liverpool are nothing like Barca squad wise.

El Gato

Villarato!
I feel they are in deep shit, but maybe last season was a total accident (and injuries). We will see.

They'll have some problems upfront. Mane had a bad season but could bounce back, Salah was vocal about trying to find a club in Spain and both parties know he might be involved in the Mbappe saga in some way. Think they don't have much to spend due to Covid and investments didn't work out. Henderson could go, Milner as backup might not be a solution, Shaqiri doesn't want to be there etc etc.

Home of Barca Fans