Raphael Varane

Morten

Not as much money to make, influential people to influence in Spain as in the UK.

It's 50% a hobby/actual interest

50% business + politics

The latter part is nonexistent or not worth it or rather useless in Spain which is a nice holiday country, but don't exert much influence nor have major corporations, banks and others with HQs located there.

Germany is the 4th largest economy in the world, i doubt they have issues with lack of major corporations.

Its still a one-horse league though, maybe because 50+1 rule?

Joan

This bum left Madrid for United? He must be retarded. Predict he'll disappoint. Not that he'll flop, but doubt he does anything special there with no Ramos to hold his hand.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think there's a chance he's the same as he is, but dynamic is very very different and that alone makes sense for him to go. Just about anyone that left Madrid or Barcelona recently did better just on the grounds of not being in an old, tired dressing room lacking new spirits and ideas. OGS may not be some tactics god, but he's not an idiot savant either. Maguire as cap was important for England and just gained a better and experienced partner. I would rather think they'll do quite well in league, but there may still be blunders in key moments as neither are that reliable when matters anymore.

What this definitely does is put pressure on United attackers to succeed. At this point in this season there should really be no excuses. They now have the right blend of experience, talent and youth. There's no reason why they shouldn't be contending on 3 fronts now, as even the bench aren't exactly scrubs and can be good role players.

Last edited:

Morten

This bum left Madrid for United? He must be retarded. Predict he'll disappoint. Not that he'll flop, but doubt he does anything special there with no Ramos to hold his hand.

He will add pace to their slow central defense, meaning United can stand higher up the pitch, i suppose.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he'll do well. Maguire can lead the defence. He just need the right partner beside him. Someone that isn't slow. Varane and Maguire are a much better fit than Lindelof and Maguire.

One got the recovery pace and athleticism while the other can provide some leadership and is better on the ball.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Germany is the 4th largest economy in the world, i doubt they have issues with lack of major corporations.

I'd say it is because Germany is very different from Britain, together with their American brethren are the face of the Anglo-Saxon free market capitalism.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

@DennyCrane is your man with regards to the 50+1 rule in Germany and how it affect or doesn't affect foreign investment like these oilgarchs or super rich Arabs.

This is just what I think, but even if some megarich Emirati could buy a German club I feel like the fans wouldn't allow it. IMO the fan culture is Germany is the best, by far, in Europe at least.

Also what Luft said above ^

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Seeing as he wanted to leave, and us really looking to sell, im surprised neither Chelsea or City came knocking, both would have been more "secure" options for him.

city has spent so much money for defenders in last years, would be hilarious if Pep doesnt have enough :lol: Even though they are still weak in defence :lol:

Morten

I'd say it is because Germany is very different from Britain, together with their American brethren are the face of the Anglo-Saxon free market capitalism.

Just taking a brief look, i dont see major differences in tax rates between the 3, so how US/UK are free market capitalists and Germany not i don't understand.

This is more politics than sports, i guess, so perhaps its better to discuss in the another sub-forum.

Home of Barca Fans