David Alaba

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Then there goes Adriano is not good defensively and if Abidal cannot play to the same level again better find someone, Alaba looked good but isn't that much of a player i haven't seen any team linked or heard any hype about him but maybe underrated but Alba is better, the problem with Alba is he is not that great in defending that is what we need, a LB who is good defensively and if possible has some height.

M

mitkoa7x

1.80 and he's 19, can grow a few extra centimeters, but 1.80 is good for us.

He has blistering pace, very needed against counters from which we concede. His dad is a Nigerian DJ and a rapper, Mr. Colorado will get along quite well with him.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
1.80 and he's 19, can grow a few extra centimeters, but 1.80 is good for us.

He has blistering pace, very needed against counters from which we concede. His dad is a Nigerian DJ and a rapper, Mr. Colorado will get along quite well with him.
Oh i get it he is 19 and very quick yeah then he might be good for us.

M

mitkoa7x

Oh i get it he is 19 and very quick yeah then he might be good for us.

He is a beast in defense, as he demonstrated against Cristina. We dont need a LB that will push forward and leave us exposed, we need a guy like him, not so offensive, fast enough to return to position. Oh and his marking is beastly as well. And he's more disciplined by Alba IMHO.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
He is a beast in defense, as he demonstrated against Cristina. We dont need a LB that will push forward and leave us exposed, we need a guy like him, not so offensive, fast enough to return to position. Oh and his marking is beastly as well. And he's more disciplined by Alba IMHO.
But i saw him nervous early on in that game and he got forward well too, and had a few shots on goal.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
what a BOSS!!!!!!!!!

This kid is a beast!!!!!!!!

and the crazy thing is that Left Back is not his natural position! he's a midfielder!
Actually he says that his favorite position is DM. But i think a wide position (either LB or as Winger) suits him better as he both brings pace, technique, dribbling skills along, while he seems to lack overview and confidence in a central position. At least he made that impression like half a year ago when Heynckes played him there (during Schweinsteigers absence). Could be his age though, but he seems much more confident on the wings where he has to deal with less opposing players around him. Also van Gaal seemed to have this impression of him as he used him as LB too - when he was 17!

Alba is better in attack but Alaba is better in defense, we need a good defender so im for Alaba. Since when is he with Munich? Any chance of snatching him this summer? :D
Very very unlikely. Contract till 2015. Is in Bayerns youth since 2008. Also, as austrian, used to the 'bavarian culture'. Bayern wont sell him and Alaba shouldnt leave his milieu imo.

Robbie

Bayern aren't an easy club to buy players from. Remember the Hargreaves transfer of 2007, and Ribery wanting to join Madrid a few years ago? They're hardcore about keeping to contracts, and if someone pulled a Berbatov and tried going on strike they would probably throw him in the reserves for the rest of the season.

DucdeOrléans

Alaba and Alba are very similar players. But I rate Alaba's defensive abilities higher and I have been heavily impressed by Alaba since the day Heynckes choose to play him as a left back. Fantastic talent and a player that would suit our style of play perfectly, not to mention his versatility.

But he recently extended his contract until 2015 and is highly rated by Bayern. There is no chance that they would sell him unless an extraordinary offer arrives. Bayern are rarely selling their best players and they are in no need of money at all.

jayzsa

another austrian at barca, would be great, but i think it wont happen at least in the near future

DennyCrane

Bayern aren't an easy club to buy players from. Remember the Hargreaves transfer of 2007, and Ribery wanting to join Madrid a few years ago? They're hardcore about keeping to contracts, and if someone pulled a Berbatov and tried going on strike they would probably throw him in the reserves for the rest of the season.

Exactly this!

From their current squad, they'd be willing to sell:
- Olic, already sold to Wolfsburg
- Usami, who played about two matches this season
- Breno, will probably go to jail for arson
- van Buyten
- Tymo, maybe
- Contento, BIG maybe
- Pranjic
- Petersen
- Everyone else, forget about it

According to Hoeneß, players like Schweinsteiger are absolutely unsaleable - no discussion. That man put a 100 million EUR pricetag on Ribery, can you believe that !?

Home of Barca Fans