Kanoute

Warik

It would be very hard to prise him away from Sevilla for a decent price tbh. His buyout clause is pretty high, coupled with Del Nido being a natural bastard when it comes to negotiating and him arguably being even more essential to Sevilla than Alves was and I can't see us getting him for less than 25 million, he is THAT essential to Sevilla. I think that sort of price would be ridiculous for someone his age, especially as a backup.

maz

I walk the line
Yeah del nido is to spain what aulas is to europe :lol:

Given kanouté's record, del nido wont accept anything below 18mil. It will be tough for us..however i think he would be a great asset.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
It is not arguable if he could be a great asset imo.
The only real problem is how much would he cost us.

maz

I walk the line
Is any decent player cheap these days? Not really. Cant expect to get a quality player if u pay cheap. If u pay peanuts u get monkeys.

maz

I walk the line
Scored yet again. It was a penalty but every goal counts! That makes it 11 in his last 8 games. I still think he would fit in at the club.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
A few days ago he extended his contract with Sevilla an dsaid he will be more than happy to end his career at them. He said he is experiencing the best years of his career at the moment

maz

I walk the line
Thats surprising. I would have thought a player like him would have moved to a club where there is more chance of winning the CL. Or even the league. Sevilla are a good team obviously but kanouté would have no shortage of offers from 'bigger' clubs.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Well, they will play in the CL next season... probably. And Sevilla is a team that is developing for every season and they're building up to be stronger and better. I think they will be able to compete with R Madrid and Barca in a few years time.
In an interview to a Swedish football journalist he said he is happy to be a part of this "project" and that they will become a great team inn the near future. Their goal for this season was to get a CL spot and we will see what their next aim will be. Surely they are taking one step at a time and are slowly going forward.

I suppose he likes playing in Sevila for a lot of reasons. He is guaranteed a spot in the starting eleven. It's a nice city, good weather, nice temperature. Great derby against Betis. Playing for Sevilla he hasn't got the same pressure on him as he would playing for a bigger club. Also, he is a very good person and muslim... not greedy at all, so I think he doesn't mind not winning titles and he doesn't have to prove that he is the best and so on...

maz

I walk the line
Well, they will play in the CL next season... probably. And Sevilla is a team that is developing for every season and they're building up to be stronger and better. I think they will be able to compete with R Madrid and Barca in a few years time.
In an interview to a Swedish football journalist he said he is happy to be a part of this "project" and that they will become a great team inn the near future. Their goal for this season was to get a CL spot and we will see what their next aim will be. Surely they are taking one step at a time and are slowly going forward.

I suppose he likes playing in Sevila for a lot of reasons. He is guaranteed a spot in the starting eleven. It's a nice city, good weather, nice temperature. Great derby against Betis. Playing for Sevilla he hasn't got the same pressure on him as he would playing for a bigger club. Also, he is a very good person and muslim... not greedy at all, so I think he doesn't mind not winning titles and he doesn't have to prove that he is the best and so on...
Few years time? He is 31. Not to mention the chances are in a few years sevilla WONT be pushing for the CL.

Its great for players to do it. I have respect for him in that sense. Shows a whole lot of morals especially when not many teams wanted him as he left spurs, and even at sevilla he had a horrid debut season but they stuck with him.

However on a purely footballing level it doesnt show a whole lot of ambition. At the end of the day players look back on the medals they won, and regret the medals they didnt win. Whether they believe it now or not, thats what they all end up doing.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Kanoute has 16 La Liga goals to his name so far this season so why would he want to leave Sevilla, who will be playing Champions League football next season to have a backup role at Barca ? Bojan would be annoyed because I thought next season we would see him regularly.

Home of Barca Fans