Xabi Alonso

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think after the Confed Cup VdB will go back to the double pivot and Alonso is really good in that role, the only other possibility would be a really left-field play of Koke in a box-to-box role, but Del Bosque is a much bigger fan of experience and consistency as opposed to exciting new talent, so I don't see that happening at all.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
In way I am glad he is missing the final as I want his only on field CL success to be with us! But yes I'll be happy for him if he collects another medal.

Irish_Cules

I never like to see players miss the final but for a player of such experience, it was incredibly stupid of Alonso to get that yellow card. Madrid were in such a comfortable position at that stage and he just dove in recklessly. The rules on yellow cards are a bit unfair but he only has himself to blame.

Galning

I never like to see players miss the final but for a player of such experience, it was incredibly stupid of Alonso to get that yellow card. Madrid were in such a comfortable position at that stage and he just dove in recklessly. The rules on yellow cards are a bit unfair but he only has himself to blame.

It's because in Spain he gets away with such challenges.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I need that GIF of his reaction when Bale missed that chance and he held his arms around Jese like he was his wife or something. That was hilarious.

ammarfcb

ze special one
I need that GIF of his reaction when Bale missed that chance and he held his arms around Jese like he was his wife or something. That was hilarious.

tumblr_n64tgjlZPQ1remfquo2_250.gif

tumblr_n64tgjlZPQ1remfquo1_250.gif

unrelated:
tumblr_n64q8dDXWn1rfiaq1o1_500.png

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
It's over for him , he was too edgy & mentally destroyed like the rest of them... he shouldn't be though he had enough experience to lead but his mistake for the first goal said it all
Should have been subbed earlier for Koke.. Spain looked a lot better without him in the second half although toothless still

Home of Barca Fans