1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is not the biggest issue on the team. Replacing the keeper will give only a nominal improvement. The outfield players are where the urgent changes are necessary.

This Barca team did not score a single goal, hardly looked threatening against Bayern, and were also continuously carved open up by the Bayern attack.

You don't realize how much a goalkeeper influences the defense. When you have ter Stegen guarding the goal, I guarantee you the defenders are never at ease. See how much Liverpool and Chelsea improved after buying Alisson and Mendy. We need a goalkeeper who won't shit his pants in every other game and transmit his fear to the defense.

Sailor Mars

You don't realize how much a goalkeeper influences the defense. When you have ter Stegen guarding the goal, I guarantee you the defenders are never at ease. See how much Liverpool and Chelsea improved after buying Alisson and Mendy. We need a goalkeeper who won't shit his pants in every other game and transmit his fear to the defense.

Liverpool and Chelsea were playing great back then where it was obvious goalkeeper was the biggest issue for those teams.
Liverpool made the CL with a terrible GK. They might have won it that year if they had a top keeper like Alisson.

This Barca team plays like shit. A great keeper won't make much of a difference. There are other issues further up the priority list.

zanela

What you say actually would mean something if Barca had a meaningful attack capable of scoring goals. It doesn't. Teams like PSG and City have a leaky defence conceding as many goals, more so in City's case, but they have also scored in double digits.

I don't think replacing the defence on its own necessarily improves us, but the effort should be directed at reinforcing the attack. For that reason, selling MatS and/or FdJ seems reasonable, not for anything else.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Having a bad defence is not an excuse for his own poor performances, and there's plenty of them, especially in this competition.....

No one would blame him if he performed well, but kept conceding goals because of a leaky defence.

zanela

Having a bad defence is not an excuse for his own poor performances, and there's plenty of them, especially in this competition.....

No one would blame him if he performed well, but kept conceding goals because of a leaky defence.

It's called priotizing when scraping the barrel. That doesn't equate to excusing his performances. Yeh, he's pretty dire, but our attack is even worse. But if you guys consider just a change of keeper or defence is gonna take us out of our misery, be my guest.

DonAK

It's called priotizing when scraping the barrel. That doesn't equate to excusing his performances. Yeh, he's pretty dire, but our attack is even worse. But if you guys consider just a change of keeper or defence is gonna take us out of our misery, be my guest.

No one is saying that, but he's a big problem with the wages he's on, his age and chronic knee issues.

It's not even a matter of prioritizing. Everyone knows we need to improve significantly in attack and sort out our issues with creating chances. Have to improve the defence too, but we absolutely have to move on from ter Stegen before it becomes impossible to move him.

There should be no two ways about it. They have to sell him and scout a player that won't cost half the budget.

zanela

No one is saying that, but he's a big problem with the wages he's on, his age and chronic knee issues.

It's not even a matter of prioritizing. Everyone knows we need to improve significantly in attack and sort out our issues with creating chances. Have to improve the defence too, but we absolutely have to move on from ter Stegen before it becomes impossible to move him.

There should be no two ways about it. They have to sell him and scout a player that won't cost half the budget.

I really don't care either way. My only contention is when people say that replacing him alone is somehow going to improve us in footballing terms. Perhaps we concede fewer goals but we'd still be losing in the absence of anything meaningful upfront. But if we are dealing with economics, moving him on does make sense. Ideally his transfer fee should be used to sign a premier striker, but I don't think that's feasible at this moment. Personally, its frustrating to see this side struggle to score scoals whatever competitions. And it won't be any different in EL.

serghei

It's already impossible to move him I'm afraid.

khaled_a_d

On the contrary I think he's delusional.

I just hope Alemany and others aren't.

Laporta tried to sign Donnarumma last summer.
And you believe he planned Messi out? right?
I mean Laporta isn''t perfect and hasn't been convincing, but he is generally a ruthless boss actually, he talked big words about R10, Deco, Eto etc before shipping their asses.

DonAK

Laporta tried to sign Donnarumma last summer.
And you believe he planned Messi out? right?
I mean Laporta isn''t perfect and hasn't been convincing, but he is generally a ruthless boss actually, he talked big words about R10, Deco, Eto etc before shipping their asses.

In hindsight those rumors felt like him it being smoke....will see if he and Xavi gets rid of MATS now and signs his replacement.

Let's see if he's still ruthless.

Home of Barca Fans