1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Bobo32

The two goals yesterday wasn't on him + he made a great double save.

But is he bad overall? I never even considered it before I became a member here and saw what you wrote. I find it very strange, as I do with many of your opinions. Until I see better arguments, I take it as you looking desperately for a scapegoat. I am not a goalkeeper expert and if you show me his mistakes and what he could do differently I might change my opinion.

Here is some compilation with his saves from this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJcD6S0Btfk

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's still low in the pecking order of issues that need to be resolved. We simply don't have the resources to spend tens of millions of euros on a new GK right now when we need to sign a #9, probably a winger, sort out the defence.

Richard.H

Really you have to look at our list of problems and analyze them to see where this MATS problem ranks. If you ask me (and I'm sure many others), this is low on the list of Barca problems. First we need a good striker, second a solid CB, third a good starting or rotation CM/DM, and after that we can think about the MATS problem. He was very solid in the 14/15 CL and in 18/19 LL. He was a very important part of our team winning the LL that year, don't forget.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is not a very confident keeper. Been evident for years.
Still a great asset and I wouldn't think of selling him. We have more problems in other areas.

soul24rage

The thing with MATS is that he is more of a reactive keeper rather than proactive.

He'll make a move after the opponent makes the first move. However, I don't blame much of yesterday's game on MATS, we have more pressing issue to deal with.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The fact that he is low in our list of problems is the very same reason why he doesn't improve and gets off the hook... I have defended him and I'm not calling for him to be sold, but for years it's been the same and something must be done, we can't wait until he is at the top of our list of problems to try to fix it...

bismp

As many people already said, he is not our greatest problem. But nobody can defend him anymore,he is by no means a big game player,end of story. He could have EASILY saved the first goal.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Maybe he is not our greatest problem but he is one of few players that still can bring you a decent amount of money. But I suppose we do love waiting until the point of no return only to let the player go for free or peanuts.

raedkuwait

He is one of our greatest problems need to go first, he is a big time big botteler, cant belive we sold bravo for this slow fake. He is fucking slow to react to any thing.

Porque

Say we even sold Stegen. Who is replacing him?

Onana committed career harikiri

Donnarumma is with Raoila so big signing on fee + wage + long term instability.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe he is not our greatest problem but he is one of few players that still can bring you a decent amount of money. But I suppose we do love waiting until the point of no return only to let the player go for free or peanuts.

He won't agree to leave unless a team of similar level want to sign him.

And like Porque said, who do you sign as his replacement?

Let's sort out the #9, wingers, CBs and LB issue first.

Home of Barca Fans