1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

malvolio

One of the replies in that thread is spot on - might be a form related thing for most of these things except crosses and going outside the box.

Form and injuries play a part. While I would say the whole changing of managers we had since EV left and the fact that we didn't have a settled defence is also another factor.

He still is the best GK at passing the ball, even if the forum bangged about all season how he isn't.

Some defensive solidity, injury free season and manager stability should give us a defenitive verdict on him. Otherwise it's like I've said - changing the starting GK is not a priority for the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is not saving shots he should save. That got nothing to do with defensive solidity. In fact he should stand out more as a great GK if the defence is shit like De Gea did for Man Utd all those years they were a clownshow defensively. Sure they shipped in many goals still but he was saving them from shipping in many more.

As soon as the finances are in order again he should be booted out. He is finished.

Andresito

Staff member
Just like how the club planned for Valdes' departure (with ter Stegen of course), it's time to start planning for ter Stegen's. His replacement isn't obvious, which is why the market needs to be scoured.
If not this summer, then at least in 2023, or latest 2024 we should have a new top GK. I understand it isn't easy, but we have to start somewhere.

JamDav1982

He improved in second half of season and had more important saves than folk will let on. Not as pressing a need to be replaced as other positions which is why club will continue with him unless get a decernt offer in.

Barcilliant

He improved in second half of season and had more important saves than folk will let on. Not as pressing a need to be replaced as other positions which is why club will continue with him unless get a decernt offer in.

Lol, you have to be joking. Replacing him was a pressing need ever since Anfield happened. Same with the other amigos. Decent offer? Lol. Noone will even offer 10 million for him. The majority of ordinary fans see him for the fraud he is. I really wish we could get rid of him. Another parasite on huge wages destroying this club. He will ship another 15 savable goals next season. Worst Barca keeper ever. At least we got rid of the other bad ones quickly.

JamDav1982

Lol, you have to be joking. Replacing him was a pressing need ever since Anfield happened. Same with the other amigos. Decent offer? Lol. Noone will even offer 10 million for him. The majority of ordinary fans see him for the fraud he is. I really wish we could get rid of him. Another parasite on huge wages destroying this club. He will ship another 15 savable goals next season. Worst Barca keeper ever. At least we got rid of the other bad ones quickly.

Nah there are far more pressing needs in squad now then MATS when have limited funds.

Had an improved second half of season and some very good games as Barca picked up points. These get erased from memory though.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Amigos and the order in which we should get rid of them.

1 Busquets - corpse
2 Ter Stegen - see above
3 Pique - snake and Court jester
4 Roberto - hopeless " Barca DNA"
5 Alba - crybaby choker

Did I miss anyone?

Barcilliant

Nah there are far more pressing needs in squad now then MATS when have limited funds.

Had an improved second half of season and some very good games as Barca picked up points. These get erased from memory though.

He is ALWAYS, ALWAYS a liability in big games. He could have prime Puyol and Van Dijk in front of him and he'd still be trash.

vegitot

After watching Neuer's performances for Germany in national league, i believe Stegen will never play a proper game for Germany NT.

Home of Barca Fans