1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

iniestaGOAT

How is ter stegen not one of the first people to be on the selling list. The guy i has an injury every season and is 30. This season from his was absolute trash but people say oh it's just one bad season we can't give up on him. Thing is in his previous better season he was never good enough.. He has never had a notable performance in the cl, is never good in big games, can't deal with crosses at all, his passing is worse and worse every season. The guy is living off that save vs Lewandowski in 2015 and some good saves vs average la liga teams. Just look at how keepers like na as and courtois save real constantly in big games, ter stegen has never done that.

The reason people like him so much is because he posts cute instagram posts every time he gets pumped. I mean just look at how random la liga keepers make insane saves every match day vs barca and then you see ter stegen.

This is true. TEr stegen has cost this team a lot and i am sick of hearing his apology after every loss.

Liverpool, City, Bayerm, Atletico, Real madrid all have better goalkeeper than us and we dont even realize it. We think we have the best goal keeper in the world.

Devils

This is true. TEr stegen has cost this team a lot and i am sick of hearing his apology after every loss.

Liverpool, City, Bayerm, Atletico, Real madrid all have better goalkeeper than us and we dont even realize it. We think we have the best goal keeper in the world.

Literally EVERY SINGLE TIME a top club signs a new keeper, they turn out to be better than German Joe Hart.

This guy is barely a mid-table keeper.

His greatest achievement in his entire career was managing to delude the masses into believing he was more than that.

raedkuwait

Literally every club with a name u know has a better
Keeper than us, Chelsea, psg all and almost every
Club has a better keeper, every one of you that
Defend him i know in every game u just have this
Feeling that every damn shot on target is a goal.

Richard.H

What is it with Barca fans and hating on their keepers? Valdes was wonderful and so is Stegen

MATS has not been good in 19/20 season and this last season. He is average at best recently, doesn't make any big saves anymore. Fans are getting pissed. Even 38 year old Bravo had a wonderful season.

Barcilliant

I just hope Koeman has the guts to bench this guy. How did this guy manage to wrangle a place at the untouchables table? This is like office politics 101 where you wonder how some fraud managed to secure a high position all the while being a fake, lazy, incompetent fraud.

malvolio

I just hope Koeman has the guts to bench this guy. How did this guy manage to wrangle a place at the untouchables table? This is like office politics 101 where you wonder how some fraud managed to secure a high position all the while being a fake, lazy, incompetent fraud.

Bench him for who? Neto started some games last season and he was a calamity.

FinBarcelonafan

Bench him for who? Neto started some games last season and he was a calamity.

Epitomy of Barca. No competition for a lot of spots. Alba, Pique,Steigen and Busi. Basically no competition for any of these guys and why they are still starting.

Obviously in dream world you would have roster like City. Any day, you could throw in other option, if they are playing better that day or so on.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Another bad season and he is gone next summer. They are not going to keep a GK that is declining and has a salary that is increasing drastically his last 2-3 years of his deal.

Xaviniesta

was watching pickford ping accurate passes to the halfway line yesterday. made me question the point of having ter stegen if keepers like pickford are just as good using their feet

Catta

was watching pickford ping accurate passes to the halfway line yesterday. made me question the point of having ter stegen if keepers like pickford are just as good using their feet

Ter Stegens game with his feet was always overrated, people were making it out like his passing was Xavi level compared to other GKs.

Bobo32

I think I linked this exact one earlier in this thread, but this is much of what it's about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NGR-c-hazE

It's not about ability to find a foot on the halfwayline, most keepers can do that and if they can't it doesn't matter so much.
Being able to pick the right pass in the exact right moment when the defenders pass it back and the opponents press, so that the team can safely progress the ball and render the opponents press useless or suicidal, makes the team as a whole a lot better, and is crucial if you want to play in a certain way, not needing a lot of runners and tacklers on the midfield etc.

Home of Barca Fans