1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You can understand how shifting shite around the place isn't gonna make that much difference tho
I think somewhere in there he's given up a bit too, like Varane, and needs change to have a chance of recovering old self that used to challenge Neuer for the NT spot. Just about every game he's under pressure for 3-4 years straight. He ain't no Iker who played in front of trash for years and eventually became captain. He's more of a German mercenary who's one cog in a failing machine.

then he should fuck off and retire. He should be shouting his lungs out a Oscar for being out of position or Lenglet for marking a ghost, but can't be arsed to.
He can have his scooter shoved up his ass for all I care

Laplacian

And then like shit when they started getting better people in front of him

These aren't bad keepers, but Mats actually IMO a better player when defense set up is OK.
Might be too far gone to save at this point.

De Gea is a great shot stopper. That's it. When Utd's defensive players and overall squad improved his responsibilities changed to being proactive: distribution, coming off his line to cut off crosses, positioning/concentration and organising the defense. His weaknesses were now highlighted in contrast to his strengths.

Now that they're back to being shit he has more of an opportunity to do what he's best at: reaction saves. De Gea is a poor "proactive" goalkeeper and will go back to being mediocre once Utd starts playing more aggressively.

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION]

If you told me mats had given up during bayern violation season i would say you have a point. But i dunno, this is almost a new team with great prospects. He should feel inspired to give it all just like the youngsters do. They are fighting for good results and then he botches it (together with Lenglet yes but not necessary to mention him at this point).

JamDav1982

DDG was shit at shot stopping last season and making too many mistakes. It is why he was dropped.

Played well enough today and had another poor effort for the 2nd goal.

El Gato

Villarato!
then he should fuck off and retire. He should be shouting his lungs out a Oscar for being out of position or Lenglet for marking a ghost, but can't be arsed to.
He can have his scooter shoved up his ass for all I care

Well he probably should leave yeah
Hence I do understand fans are tired and he's tired of situation, but looks like has no balls to call it quits and give up the cash he signed which is bigger than anything he's gonna get even in England since almost every big side offering the same playing in CL has a keeper better than him

I agree - best solution this point probably is him leaving. Where to is a different question. Maybe Meelan would take him for fraction of former cost since Donnarumma spot vacant

De Gea is a great shot stopper. That's it. When Utd's defensive players and overall squad improved his responsibilities changed to being proactive: distribution, coming off his line to cut off crosses, positioning/concentration and organising the defense. His weaknesses were now highlighted in contrast to his strengths.

Now that they're back to being shit he has more of an opportunity to do what he's best at: reaction saves. De Gea is a poor "proactive" goalkeeper and will go back to being mediocre once Utd starts playing more aggressively.

Nah like Jammy said, De Gea been shite last year.
Been pretty shite ever since WC 2018 compared to his previous United form. Or maybe as far as Euro 2016, can't remember now

Dont know what it was with him but he aint that great either and probably also sick of side performing under expectation and constant pressure

Last edited:

Richard.H

If you told me mats had given up during bayern violation season i would say you have a point. But i dunno, this is almost a new team with great prospects. He should feel inspired to give it all just like the youngsters do.

I think with the injuries and the psychological impact of Roma, Liverpool, and Bayern has been too much. To be fair, Our previous keepers didn’t suffer anywhere as much as he did.

Laplacian

If you told me mats had given up during bayern violation season i would say you have a point. But i dunno, this is almost a new team with great prospects. He should feel inspired to give it all just like the youngsters do.

He shouldn't feel inspired though. Even if this is a team of world class youngsters, it'll take years for them to become elite and compete with the rest of Europe. Ter Standing is 29 and doesn't have the luxury of waiting for Barcelona to build for the future. It's understandable for his morale to drop in these circumstances.

Not an excuse though, mate is shit now and was useless back when the team was at its peak when we needed him most. He can fuck off.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think with the injuries and the psychological impact of Roma, Liverpool, and Bayern has been too much. To be fair, Our previous keepers didn’t suffer anywhere as much as he did.

Sure. But lad should compartmentalize the trauma and consider it as a new start with this new team. Also Messi is gone with whom he supposedly had "differences"(willing to bet Messi thought he was shit) so he should feel weight of shoulder.

Richard.H

Watching MATS now makes me appreciate VV more. Dude could have shit games, but you could never doubt his confidence or his willingness to curse and yell at everyone in the back line. Confidence from your keeper does wonders to the defense

Home of Barca Fans