1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
We really should put in Pena, how worse can he be. Might be a surprise and actually be able to stop shots

More likely is those guys will make big errors now that the pressure on this team is so big. We are under the microscope in every game. Both Pena and Tenas are short goalkeepers anyway so it will be more of the same weaknesses.

Windhook

He's not half the player he was in his debut season at Barca. Reasons could be few for him to have his confidince diminished:

1) He was overlooked by German NT coaches for the starting spot for so long, the confidence in the qualities of Neuer were never under any suspicion, even in injury periods. I don't know about German public point of view, but we have few local users here who might share some insight.
2) The three disaster CL games in 4 years Barca experienced with MATS in goal. It's called PTSD.
3) The lack of competition since the Claudio Bravo days. No matter the number of goals conceded his place is cemented. With all due respect Cillessen and Neto are not the Bravo level and the backup role they had/have at Barca isn't helping. "Okay, now you play in Banana cup, Copa Catalunya, make us proud!". Lucho balanced this better with one GK playing in CL, other in La Liga, until he had Bravo in disposal, of course.
4) That Falcao goal was absolute Busi/Pique disaster show and MATS stood there like those training free kick mannequins. 4) is not really a factor in his decline, I just wanted to share my thoughts on that goal.:lol:

MATS's current level is comparable to another mediocre, who plays at Juventus - Szczesny.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I have given him benefit of doubt until 2 seasons ago. I can't work my way around it anymore and blind myself from truth that he has regressed or never was talented enough. Makes too many mistakes. Most of them can be excused if looked at individually(what is done here a lot) but looking at bigger picture a great keeper would still save a percentage of those.

malvolio

The whole 'lacks competition' thing is overblown in here. Who do City have as backup GK? Or Real? Or Liverpool? Or Atletico? Or Chelsea?

raedkuwait

Can't believe how shit this keeper is, and he is still playing for us, never seen a worst keeper than him, every thing about him is wrong.

raedkuwait

His fuckin leg set on your ass move is so fucking funny, either spread your hand and stay up in front of him and try to lead him to the side line, like most keeper do in that situation, or jump with your hand at the ball.

serghei

He made that Alaves player look like Il Fenomeno because he can't use his hands :lol:.

I swear at some point he'll concede 2 from one shot.

JamDav1982

Another goal that nothing on him.

There is pretty much fuck all he can do when player bursts through like that than come out as quick as can and spread himself.

The likes of Pique and Busi are the ones that need to hang their heads for that one.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His hockey/handball goalkeeping technique has been more of a bad thing than good for ages now. At that goal, a traditional GK jumps at the ball with his hands forward, not tries to spread himself as Stegen did.

Home of Barca Fans