1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wonder which GK out of Arnau Tenas and Lazar Carevic gets the nod if both Neto and Inaki Pena who want to leave are sold. Hopefully one of them plays well enough to bench MAtS. Not really counting on it though, but you never know right?

khaled_a_d

Wonder which GK out of Arnau Tenas and Lazar Carevic gets the nod if both Neto and Inaki Pena who want to leave are sold. Hopefully one of them plays well enough to bench MAtS. Not really counting on it though, but you never know right?

Lazar failed to make an impact here, seems like joining Barca was just a bad decision for him.
Tenas is highly rated, but honestly it is the one position I would like to see the scouting department earning their money and getting us some Pedri type of gem.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lazar failed to make an impact here, seems like joining Barca was just a bad decision for him.
Tenas is highly rated, but honestly it is the one position I would like to see the scouting department earning their money and getting us some Pedri type of gem.

Seems like Carevic played a lot of minutes and alternated at Barca B when he was available, but dunno if he played well or not.

Tough to get a Pedri like player for a GK given they more or less need to play week in and out to develop.

Never mind looks like I saw the total mins played at Barca B and not only for this season lol

khaled_a_d

Seems like Carevic played a lot of minutes and alternated at Barca B when he was available, but dunno if he played well or not.

Tough to get a Pedri like player for a GK given they more or less need to play week in and out to develop.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lazar-carevic/leistungsdaten/spieler/344457
1.350 minutes in 15 games for Barca B during 3 years?

There are hidden gems in every position, Pedri was a starter when we signed him, I am not asking to buy a back up GK. Just someone who doesn't have the spotlight. A better version of Carevic
Easier said than done, but if it happens it will boost our chances of successful rebuild significantly.

Total-Football

The sweeper keeper is longer an x factor.. It's now a pre-requisite! All keepers are decent with their feet now.. So stegen is not so special anymore with that skill

JohnN

The sweeper keeper is longer an x factor.. It's now a pre-requisite! All keepers are decent with their feet now.. So stegen is not so special anymore with that skill

And when Setien forces him to pass closer even more it was pretty catastrophic, so he is not so good at that skill anyway. What I personally find irritating is his attitude. He has no modesty.

FinBarcelonafan

More I watch Euro/Copa, more I realize how average Stegen is. Certainly not worth the salaries he is being paid.

Maybe he is better than Spanish goalkeeper. He is a disaster though.

And it's not always about skills either but mental toughness. Alba crumbled today too. We need to find players who perform at the "worst" moments.

Home of Barca Fans