1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Devils

At least he's not as useless as De Gea.

Interesting that both MATS and De Gea completely fell off a cliff.

Just a few years ago both were at times compared to Manuel Neuer. That seems like ancient history by now.

Yeah that was like when people were comparing Michu to Thierry Henry during his 2012/13 season.

Morten

Just a few years ago both were at times compared to Manuel Neuer. That seems like ancient history by now.

The world cup finished him off, for some reason.

iniestaGOAT

De Gea fell off a cliff. Ter stegen was never really there.

Marshall D Teach

Stegen did very well in 2015 considering it was his first season and his erratic game time. Could have been truly special if he had been able to improve and build on that.

Joan

Reading all these gk rumours makes one think the board actually sees a problem with him. Can't say I mind, might be the best for all sides.

iniestaGOAT

Reading all these gk rumours makes one think the board actually sees a problem with him. Can't say I mind, might be the best for all sides.

Huge if true. A real GK for once. I haven't seen the kid play but i have no doubt anybody is better than Stegen

JohnN

Ok, I am no a MATS fan but everyone is not better than him. Except for crosses. Everyone is better than him at crosses.

iniestaGOAT

Ok, I am no a MATS fan but everyone is not better than him. Except for crosses. Everyone is better than him at crosses.

Until we see another goalkeeper visibly choke like he does everytime they are all better than him

There was this sir alex quote from his documetary about when he drops Jim leighton from FA cup finals.

'Les Sealey was not as good a goalkeeper as Jim Leighton. But he thought that he was'

You need big balls to win titles, and TEr stegen has none

How is ter stegen not one of the first people to be on the selling list. The guy i has an injury every season and is 30. This season from his was absolute trash but people say oh it's just one bad season we can't give up on him. Thing is in his previous better season he was never good enough.. He has never had a notable performance in the cl, is never good in big games, can't deal with crosses at all, his passing is worse and worse every season. The guy is living off that save vs Lewandowski in 2015 and some good saves vs average la liga teams. Just look at how keepers like na as and courtois save real constantly in big games, ter stegen has never done that.

The reason people like him so much is because he posts cute instagram posts every time he gets pumped. I mean just look at how random la liga keepers make insane saves every match day vs barca and then you see ter stegen.

Home of Barca Fans