1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

I think Stegen is clearly lacking two things:
- The agility of a fast-reflex goal-keeper : compare him with Navas or the keeper of chelsea (edward mendy) in that area: they plunge for the ball very quickly. Stegen at times, stay in the same position looking at the ball getting into the net ! no reaction (especially in the CL games).
- His aerial skills are average. He is most of the times afraid of saving crosses, even if it's close to him (corners, freekicks). And against villareal, he made a strange mistake while trying to get the ball.

He should work more on his goalkeeping skills and his confidence

Last edited:

Messigician

Ter Stegen: "Haaland would make every team in the world better. But that doesn?t mean that he won?t stay in BVB. Why shouldn?t he stay there for another year? This would by no means be a step backwards."

He knows we can only sign him next year lol

iniestaGOAT

Watching the Arsena game. Leno despite all his faults has been solid today. Idk the german pecking order but if he gets made the second keeper Barca managemetns eyes might finally open

Catta

Two years ago on this day we lost on Anfield. Watching the goals conceded again, I believe now that we lost because of this loser in goal.

[tw]1390547191777820672[/tw]

Look at the chances Alisson saved, every chance was better than any goal they scored that night.

Messigician

Two years ago on this day we lost on Anfield. Watching the goals conceded again, I believe now that we lost because of this loser in goal.

Look at the chances Alisson saved, every chance was better than any goal they scored that night.

We know. It's why some of us don't blame Valverde for those disasters :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

The shots by Coutinho and Suarez were so weak there. Suarez didn't hit it cleanly either.

serghei

Of course a keeper that saves no tough shot on the night is an important reason in such a defeat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alba was so bad that game too. Look at that shitty first touch. He also had another chance to score but instead of shooting decided to backpass to Messi that wasn't even expecting it :lol:

Then you add his shitty defending in there too. So bad.

No wonder he was crying at HT.

serghei

We know. It's why some of us don't blame Valverde for those disasters :)

EV makes the team dude. He could have played Cillessen. Wasn't Cillessen the starting goalkeeper of Nederlands at the time?

Alba was so bad that game too. Look at that shitty first touch. He also had another chance to score but instead of shooting decided to backpass to Messi that wasn't even expecting it :lol:

Then you add his shitty defending in there too. So bad.

No wonder he was crying at HT.

And the least said about Rakitic's composure when pressed the better.

Windhook

Almost a week gone by and the media is silent. It'd take more blunders for them to start really raising the issue of GK at Barca and I don't want that, I want Barca to win La Liga. Koeman seems unmoved at this moment.

Maybe we are too harsh, we've had this shit CB defence for half-decade now. Never reached for a big name in defense in that period, except for promising De Ligt. Anyway now we know every flaw in MATS's game and it happens on regular basis. Unreliable during the most important games in La Liga and CL.

Bobo32

For all interested to read a longer article: This is describing the topic of ter Stegen pretty well.
https://barcauniversal.com/the-quality-of-marc-andre-ter-stegen-keeping-things-in-perspective/
I thought it was a good read, not only because the author had the same view as me most of the time...
I wonder if he reads this forum, this is the only place where I saw ter Stegen get a lot of criticizm...
He tries to refute some of the points made here, too

I'd like to see a bit more of a thorough analysis by some of those criticizing him, pointing out his flaws more clearly.
The article points out his lack of sweeping, ironically with an example from the game against PSG where Florenzi was given too much time... I wonder if the blunder vs Roma made him change a bit, I remember him being off his line more before.

Home of Barca Fans