1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

JamDav1982

Liverpool has better players for long balls though.

Liverpool pass the ball as quick as can to CBs to build play only go long if under severe pressure or player in a lot of space for break.

MATS is pumping balls to attackers and midfielders with players right up their arse and turning down options to play a short quick pass often in favour of it.

Alik

That's like saying that a striker is a great defender if he made two last man tackles. Stegen's passing is very good, but not as good as he and the managers think it is. Ederson's passing reach and variation are both better, for example.

It's like saying his passing is terrible since his first season based on this match.

Batistuta9

Its like setien has told him to become pirlo. The passes he is attempting are way too risky. Only a matter of time before it costs us an important goal

Last edited:

eaman

He is a good passer with both feet which you dont get from most keepers but he does give it away too much. He tries too many passes that get cut out easily but I'm not sure they would be cut out if ederson was playing them because ederson gets them to the the player lower and quicker.

FC433

Some reports say that he wants to be the highest-paid GK in the world to renew his contract.

If that is true, I would sell him and buy Onana. He should be available for 30m max. We need to keep our players under control.

Why would not I pay him what he wants?

Because I do not believe that he deserves what he is asking for and I also do not believe that any team would pay that much. Maybe Juve?

I do really like MTS, but I think we need to be a bit more careful. He is trying to secure a long contract before the current board leaves.

Two years left on his contract, try to negotiate before the start of the next season. If there is no agreement make sure that he knows that he will be benched. Start Neto and sign Onana in 2021.

Thoughts?

raedkuwait

Some reports say that he wants to be the highest-paid GK in the world to renew his contract.

If that is true, I would sell him and buy Onana. He should be available for 30m max. We need to keep our players under control.

Why would not I pay him what he wants?

Because I do not believe that he deserves what he is asking for and I also do not believe that any team would pay that much. Maybe Juve?

I do really like MTS, but I think we need to be a bit more careful. He is trying to secure a long contract before the current board leaves.

Two years left on his contract, try to negotiate before the start of the next season. If there is no agreement make sure that he knows that he will be benched. Start Neto and sign Onana in 2021.

Thoughts?

We have become a joke of a club which the players take advantage of, Ter has an ego of a player that might demand what u said, and he is clearly not worth it, but our board might pay him what he want
I think what u said is the correct way to treat this if the report u said is true

Catta

A great GK, top 3 in the world, but if he leaves it won't be the end of Barca. Sell him for big money if he has unrealistic wage demands, and get somebody like Onana for cheap. We had Bravo a cheap GK before ter Stegen, and there is little difference in quality between them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A great GK, top 3 in the world, but if he leaves it won't be the end of Barca. Sell him for big money if he has unrealistic wage demands, and get somebody like Onana for cheap. We had Bravo a cheap GK before ter Stegen, and there is little difference in quality between them.

For one Bravo and Onana there are plenty of Kepas.

What happens when Onana demands a huge salary after three years? You sell him too?

FC433

^
yes if it is unreasonable. MTS is in no place to demand to be the highest-paid GK in the world.

I would treat him just how FP treated Di Maria. I would, of course, pay him what he wants if he is irreplaceable, but there are great GK out there.

DonAK

^
yes if it is unreasonable. MTS is in no place to demand to be the highest-paid GK in the world.

I would treat him just how FP treated Di Maria. I would, of course, pay him what he wants if he is irreplaceable, but there are great GK out there.

Like who? Onana and?

Every GK you sign is going to demand big wages as Barca's given big wages to likes of Dembele.

I'd rather get rid of our problem players than creating another problem with a GK.

Last edited:

FC433

^
David de Gea earns about 18mp a year. We are looking at paying MTS about 20m a year. That is way too much, I am sorry, but that is simply unrealistic.

Onana is available and Ajax is willing to sell for a reasonable price.

I was happy with Jasper C and Neto is fine.

He wants a new contract and once you give him that there is no way back.

DonAK

Cillessen has not been great for Valencia and Neto is nowhere good enough to be a starting GK for Barca. Some of you get hyped off a couple of decent games and started calling Jasper for a World Class GK when he's proven to not even be close to that. Same goes for Neto.

Depends on what ter Stegen want. I'd pay him what Atletico are paying Oblak.

10-12m per season.

Last edited:

FC433

^
I agree. That is reasonable. He currently earns, I believe, 4m net 8m before tax and that was signed in 2017. He definitely deserves a new and better contract. But a reasonable one.

MTL_Barca

Yeah sell ter Stegen because of money...and then sign Neymar on a 50M/season 6 year contract, with annual loyalty bonus of 30M and free hookers for his dad.

:bartomeu:

If anyone on the squad deserves a big raise it's ter Stegen. Detailed numbers are usually just speculation anyway so no reason to overreact now. As long as it's somewhat reasonable ter Stegen should be kept because knowing the board they would somehow find a way to not even make a profit off a goalkeeper change while simultaneously weakening the squad.

Wages are worrying but let's start with players like Rakitic, Vidal and the other grannies there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans