1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I am still sure Mats can become one of the best GK.

The problem is "when"? We have been hearing that for 3 or 4 years and all this things about "future", but he's our present now and his improvement hasn't been anything to write home about...

Raketa10

24 is pretty young for GK to be honest so he has a lot of time. Look where Bravo was at that age.
And we already won CL with him on goal. The truth is that problem is with our entire squad right now not just with him.

Theoden

Disaster night from my German boy.I think main problem,we will never feel safe even his 10th year in Barca.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
24 is pretty young for GK to be honest so he has a lot of time. Look where Bravo was at that age.
And we already won CL with him on goal. The truth is that problem is with our entire squad right now not just with him.

He has a lot of time to improve, but Barca doesn't have time to wait for that...

God Serena

Piss poor performance and it's impossible to defend him costing us the game this way, but the way people are reacting you'd think he's the first player this season to cost us goals. We even have serghei in here channeling his inner Mandrake and blaming Mats for Bravo demanding a transfer :lol:

Prior to this game there were no calls to sell him or bring in DDG so calls for it now are almost entirely knee-jerk reactions. If he doesn't learn from this game there will be something to worry about, but I'm sure he can pick it back up going forward.

mark1nhu

Piss poor performance and it's impossible to defend him costing us the game this way, but the way people are reacting you'd think he's the first player this season to cost us goals. We even have serghei in here channeling his inner Mandrake and blaming Mats for Bravo demanding a transfer :lol:

Prior to this game there were no calls to sell him or bring in DDG so calls for it now are almost entirely knee-jerk reactions. If he doesn't learn from this game there will be something to worry about, but I'm sure he can pick it back up going forward.

Also, this match was lost in the first half by:

1) Busquets' mistakes;
2) Lucho's horrible midfield that don't support defense and attack;
3) Lucho's defense that don't know how to cut lines anymore.

Surely his mistake came in a very bad timing, since we were close to come back, but we lost it way before his blunder.

This is by no means an excuse to his brainfart. That was inexcusable.

xavi_the_Boss

1) Busquets' mistakes;

Surely his mistake came in a very bad timing, since we were close to come back, but we lost it way before his blunder.

Ter stegen was also at fault at the 1st goal.

God Serena

1) Busquets' mistakes;

Oh of course. We lost 4-2, we were down by 3 in the first half. He's far from being the only one at fault for the loss, but he was still near the top of the pile of shit, imo. But yes, the loss overall is more representative of the entire team as a whole crumbling in on themselves, part of why I don't see Lucho staying much longer, personally. We're just lucky Zidane is incompetent enough of a manager to let us stay close to Madrid on the table.

mark1nhu

Ter stegen was also at fault at the 1st goal.

Why?

His pass was completely OK.

Busquets was not paying enough attention in a crucial moment.

Rewatch the goal and you'll see Busquets looking in Piqué's direction instead of the ball.

He sould have control that ball easily, of not distracted.

Barcilliant

Now after calming down;

One thing will happen for sure in June.

And that is:

1. ter Stegen will have improved throughout the season and become a proper World Class GK

or

2. The Board and the coach will be under immense pressure to change him out(if he doesn't improve whatsoever) and considering the hard on the Catalan media have for Courtois and how De Gea yet again might try to push for a move, ter Stegen might be gone anyway. If Bartomeu and Lucho are under pressure, they won't think twice before pulling the trigger so the German better start focusing more from now on...

Courtois???

I was all for it when he was at AM but he has regressed since.

He's also VERY average with the ball at his feet.

Ter Stegen has great talent but he's making alot of mistakes. Also great goalkeepers bail their sides out when it comes to tough games.

Ter Stegen had only done this once. Against Bayern in the CL away leg semis.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Courtois???

I was all for it when he was at AM but he has regressed since.

He's also VERY average with the ball at his feet.

Ter Stegen has great talent but he's making alot of mistakes. Also great goalkeepers bail their sides out when it comes to tough games.

Ter Stegen had only done this once. Against Bayern in the CL away leg semis.

Yes, a lot of journalists in the Catalan media love him. I bet that within a month, you'll see front pages with Courtois since he recently said he'd like to move back to Spain.

I agree with you though. He's regressed since joining Chelsea.

serghei

I agree with you though. He's regressed since joining Chelsea.

Chelsea are inferior to Atletico though, and their defence is not what it used to be. Not that surprinsing that he's not as good as under Simeone, since having a top defence is important for a keeper.

mark1nhu

Chelsea are inferior to Atletico though, and their defence is not what it used to be. Not that surprinsing that he's not as good as under Simeone, since having a top defence is important for a keeper.

His attitude is way worse than his performances.

Courtois is a entitled son of a bitch. I don't want him here with his shitty mentality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Courtois been making several mistakes which is the problem. Mistakes he wouldn't make at Atletico and his attitude been horrible.

Home of Barca Fans