1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

LFCB

I watched the first training session vid the other day, saw this man and have no hopes of winning anything other than a cdr because he wont be playing :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
PSG’s Keylor Navas valued at €10m ahead of possible transfer, according to a supposed L’?quipe report.

I say let's do it.

Porque

Not 10m for us probably.

Granada goalie off to Lazio for 12.5m. with a supposed 200m transfer kitty, would be peanuts for our depth.

serghei

PSG?s Keylor Navas valued at ?10m ahead of possible transfer, according to a supposed L??quipe report.

I say let's do it.

Nah. Let Stegen completely collapse soon, which it will happen, and replace him with a top young keeper. One of the biggest mistakes of the last decade was not trying to sign Courtois.

We can mask and carry Stegen's abysmal shot-saving skills by improving the defense. If you rely too much on the keeper to bail you out you're not doing a great job in defense.

I would no doubt want Stegen replaced asap, but he's well protected, and Xavi likes him which pisses me off.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Nah. Let Stegen completely collapse soon, which it will happen, and replace him with a top young keeper. One of the biggest mistakes of the last decade was not trying to sign Courtois.

We can mask and carry Stegen's abysmal shot-saving skills by improving the defense. If you rely too much on the keeper to bail you out you're not doing a great job in defense.

I would no doubt want Stegen replaced asap, but he's well protected, and Xavi likes him which pisses me off.

Or you can ruin a couple of top prospects in defense by letting this fraud take all the confidence they had in themselves. Imagine you do a fuck-up and instantly know that mats wont save it. I'd say bring navas, guy is a underrated top class gk, on 2 year contract

malvolio

Or you can ruin a couple of top prospects in defense by letting this fraud take all the confidence they had in themselves. Imagine you do a fuck-up and instantly know that mats wont save it. I'd say bring navas, guy is a underrated top class gk, on 2 year contract

Doesn't make any sense to bring in a washed up Navas now. Either get a better GK than Stegen or stop wasting money until one is available.

JamDav1982

Made quite a few big saves to earn points since Xavi arrived but lets not let truth get in the way.

Not a top top GK but next tier down and not someone who is as easy to replace as made out.

Androutsos

Made quite a few big saves to earn points since Xavi arrived but lets not let truth get in the way.

Not a top top GK but next tier down and not someone who is as easy to replace as made out.

Agreed. Can probably easily find a keeper with better shot stopping but there are only a handful of keepers that are anywhere near as capable with the ball at feet as Ter Stegen and that is something we need.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's a bang average goalkeeper and compared to most of our competitors in European Football he's easily among the worst GKs there along with other overrated guys like Ederson who gets hyped up because he's great on the ball.

JamDav1982

Not top tier and level has dropped.

Makes more important saves than is made out.

Not as easily replaced as folk claim. A lot of clubs have tried to find keepers and made a mess of it with worse players than MATS.

Folk love to bang on about other keepers.. during Real v PSG game folk were calling Donnaruma best in world and he makes a lot of howlers and did that very game.

Next up Mendy was amazing and never makes mistakes..yet he does.

Temptation

Agreed. Can probably easily find a keeper with better shot stopping but there are only a handful of keepers that are anywhere near as capable with the ball at feet as Ter Stegen and that is something we need.

Shot stopping will always be more vital than gk's on the ball skills.

FinBarcelonafan

He's a bang average goalkeeper and compared to most of our competitors in European Football he's easily among the worst GKs there along with other overrated guys like Ederson who gets hyped up because he's great on the ball.

Spot on.

We should be looking at replacement already.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
As good as this transfer window has been/will be, this guy is still the GK of FC Barcelona. I just do not see us reaching a CL final with him in goal

Home of Barca Fans