1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Zebulun

replace Courtois with Ter static, not sure if RM even reach semi finals. Clear as day how useful a top class keeper is

malvolio

Wasn't Courtois laughed at just a couple of months ago for some blunders? Seems that you're only as good as your last performance.

Alisson was a bum at the start of this season. If he has a good performance in the CL final and wins it then I guess Courtois will be history.

Nobody is talking about Oblak now that Atletico is a shambles and struggling to get top 4.

Mitchell1978

Wasn't Courtois laughed at just a couple of months ago for some blunders? Seems that you're only as good as your last performance.

Alisson was a bum at the start of this season. If he has a good performance in the CL final and wins it then I guess Courtois will be history.

Nobody is talking about Oblak now that Atletico is a shambles and struggling to get top 4.

Courtois has been world class at RM every season apart from his first season, Oblak was always great for Atletico apart from this season, Ter Stegen has been shit for years now.

malvolio

Courtois has been world class at RM every season apart from his first season, Oblak was always great for Atletico apart from this season, Ter Stegen has been shit for years now.

Both are better GKs than Ter Stegen. But the double standards used in here are comical to say the least.

Courtois makes some decent/good saves the other day and he's suddenly the golden standard of GKs. All the while conceding the Mahrez goal at his near post like an amateur. But that's brushed aside like it's nothing because in the end Madrid won and can't shit blindly on Stegen when Courtois concedes goals like that.

Ederson was labelled a bum just because he conceded some goals any GK would concede.

JamDav1982

Courtois has been better this past few seasons no doubt and MATS level dropped and had too many poor moments.

The issue is how each is dealt with as if Courtois is saving everything and every save is something extraordinary in isolation.

Courtois has conceded average of 4 goals per tie in knock outs and has some that MATS would get scolded for.

He concedes 3 v Chelse and makes a howler that very nearly results in a pen...folk focus on his good saves as if took them through the tie. While MATS makes a equal/lesser mistake v Frankfurt away for example and it is what folk focus on as 'almost resulted in a goal'.

The game v Real other night... Courtois concedes a goal at near post that I can gaurantee MATS would have pages of criticism for...nah for Courtois there was nothinhg he could do.

Courtois makes a great save with his feet v Grealish and its the usual warriors on saying 'MATS never can do that' and the save fawned over. In reality MATS made more or less exact same save v Sociedad to get Barca the 3 points and folk barely mentioned it and tried as quick as can to find some reason to write it off.

Another one v Grealish in Real game.. Grealish goes round Courtois and puts him on his arse and defender clears off line... seen MATS absolutely destroyed for that same thing in past.

Courtois is better but the way same situations are discussed is the issue and usual nonsense.

Same standards are not applied as folk want it to be one way.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

It's more about insane saves Courtois makes compared to Stegen. Every goalie makes mistakes.

No way Real goes through any of their ties with Stegen.. PSG, Chelsea or City.

That's the difference in my eyes.

JamDav1982

It's more about insane saves Courtois makes compared to Stegen. Every goalie makes mistakes.

No way Real goes through any of their ties with Stegen.. PSG, Chelsea or City.

Nah it really isnt.

It is about treating same situations differently as clearly pointed out.

You are just doing the usual and arguing point not being made.

FinBarcelonafan

I was saying all goalies make mistakes. Even if you take errors out, Courtois makes way more high quality saves Stegen would never make and that's why Real would be out of CL now..

JamDav1982

I was saying all goalies make mistakes. Even if you take errors out, Courtois makes way more high quality saves Stegen would never make and that's why Real would be out of CL now..

Irrelevant to point being made as is being said Courtois is better keeper.

The point is how differnet similar situations are treated for both.

You are just doing exactly what I said folk do and dont get the point.

Point.

Courtois does make good saves..also has situations could do better in and conceded 5 in two games.. but all that is rememebered is 'insane saves'. Some of the same saves MATS has made this season and never classed as 'insane'.

Courtois also has luxury of forwards he can concede 5 and make some good saves and still that be enough. Not many keepers have that.

If MATS concedes those 5 goals to Real that Courtois did every one would be dissected.

1st Goal in Manchester - Slow feet/dive not right in corner from KDB header. Seen those saved.
2nd Goal in Manchester - Something about slow off line probably.
3rd Goal in Manchester - Header from 6yds by Foden?!! where is MATS?!
4th Goal in Manchester - Would be full on meltdown due to way MATS 'froze'and didnt even dive as flat footed.
5th Goal in Madrid - MATS froze.. was done by Mahrez. Could do better.

I promise you that would be narrative but as it isnt MATS and is Courtois all that gets spoken about are 2/3 'insane saves' as if he carried them through the tie.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

And now go over the saves Courtois made and compare if Stegen would save those. That was my point. Nothing else.

Go back to first post.

You still dont get it.

But usual of 'lets ignore goals being critiqued in same way for both players and focus on couple saves only Courtois can make'

Just proving my point.

What save vs Real was so 'insane' MATS cant make? As said Courtois is better and has made less mistakes/more saves but I can say that while comparing them equally... others cant.

raedkuwait

This guy is the first player that needs to go if we are to make any progress at all, he make all the players and all our defense so nervous and shaky, cause trust me all our player know how shit he is, you just cant defend when you know that any shot on target would be a goal its just impossible.
As one member in here said before just get rid of this shit keeper and we will look 90%
Better. Amazing how we still have him when he has not one thing good in him at all.

JamDav1982

Nah the 'saves nothing' narrative is nonsense that folk have convinced themselves of and cant get past it.

Could have saved more than he has absolutely but still made important saves also but they get dismissed for some reason or another.

Home of Barca Fans