Oriol Busquets

FC433

Although I get what you say, I disagree with you. I find it a bit too harsh to use him as a backup when he was a starter just a couple of seasons ago. 6 months/ probably less would not change anything. Would be better to give him the opportunity to train with the first team before letting him go. I am sure that he would happier to be part of the first team instead of being a backup with Barca B.

JamDav1982

Although I get what you say, I disagree with you. I find it a bit too harsh to use him as a backup when he was a starter just a couple of seasons ago. 6 months/ probably less would not change anything. Would be better to give him the opportunity to train with the first team before letting him go. I am sure that he would happier to be part of the first team instead of being a backup with Barca B.

Just loan him out again and see if he can do better than when he was in Dutch league and get a move from there.

Promoting him to first team achieves nothing he hasnt even played at level Fernandes has who wont get game time.

FC433

^
staying with Barca B will hurt other players. Promoting him may not add anything, but will not hurt anyone either. I would not loan him. Needs to be sold with a buyback option.

JamDav1982

^
staying with Barca B will hurt other players. Promoting him may not add anything, but will not hurt anyone either. I would not loan him. Needs to be sold with a buyback option.

Who would be in for him? He was poor in Dutch league and probably had to stay at Barca B due to lack of any other options as club would have certainly sold him last summer.

Wont happen for anything but a token fee at best.

Loan him is better than promoting him as not even close to good enough to be there and wont play.

Messi983

Of course he would be happier in the first team (who wouldn't?) but our goal is not to please players. He doesn't have a first team future nor did he ever do enough to deserve a chance in the first team before some other players. Moriba is younger and with much higher ceilling so betting on him is more logical (and he shouldn't be promoted to the first team full time until we're sure we can give him enough regular minutes either). And I'd say from what he has shown so far Collado deserves a first team opportunity more than Oriol as well but he'll probably never get one either.

Also don't know why you put that much importance for him to just train with the first team even if he'd never play. He's 22 and at this point of his career should play regularly at his current level which is much closer to Barca B/Segunda B than our first team/La Liga.

If he doesn't want to be a backup in Barca B then he should find himself a new club, simple as that. But I think he'll be happy to stay for 6 more months in Barca B because as so many other La Masia kids before him (including Riqui) he's just too stubborn or delusional and think he can still succeed here instead of looking to build his own career at the club that fits his current and potential abilities better.

^

How would him staying hurt other players? If he stays he'd accept to be a backup and only play to give rest to younger players or if we'd have more injuries. As explained before we don't have much depth in Barca B due to poor squad planning, longterm injuries and players like Mingueza and possibly Ilaix being called up to the first team more than expected.

FC433

Moriba is younger and with much higher ceilling so betting on him is more logical (and he shouldn't be promoted to the first team full time until we're sure we can give him enough regular minutes either).
Different players. Moriba cannot play as a holding CM, while OB can. Barca B plays 433 (OB may play as CDM, while JO a CM, which leaves one spot for either Nico/ IM); thus, OB may hurt IM if he stays at Barca B because of how the team is playing.

And I'd say from what he has shown so far Collado deserves a first team opportunity more than Oriol as well but he'll probably never get one either.
Totally, and I have said that several times. Collado's time is up, and should leave Barca B. However, we have Pedri, Griezmann, Trincao, Dembele who could play either as a RW/ CAM.

Also don't know why you put that much importance for him to just train with the first team even if he'd never play. He's 22 and at this point of his career should play regularly at his current level which is much closer to Barca B/Segunda B than our first team/La Liga.
You have said that he is not good enough. Why would keep at Barca B? If he plays that means we are taking away minutes from other young players, and if he does not, would not it be better to have him with the first team? We need someone of a similar profile (we have been using more or less three players in two positions, FDJ, MP, and Busquets) Best-case scenario, he becomes good enough to play every now and then, worst-case scenario, does not play one minute, which should not hurt either party.

How would him staying hurt other players? If he stays he'd accept to be a backup and only play to give rest to younger players or if we'd have more injuries. As explained before we don't have much depth in Barca B due to poor squad planning, longterm injuries and players like Mingueza and possibly Ilaix being called up to the first team more than expected.
CBs: Comas, Mingo, Marmol, and Marsa
CDM/ CMs: Orellana, Moriba, Nico, Lucas de Vega, and Collado.

You think that promoting him and not playing him is bad because? he is going/ should leave in 6 months either way. We may as well give him the opportunity while we can because we do not have enough players in his position.

FC433

Who would be in for him? He was poor in Dutch league and probably had to stay at Barca B due to lack of any other options as club would have certainly sold him last summer.

Wont happen for anything but a token fee at best.

Loan him is better than promoting him as not even close to good enough to be there and wont play.
I agree. I do not believe that we would get anything; so loaning him/ letting him go for free is fine. It is important that he leaves Barca B as soon as possible.

Joan

Promotion means perma benching him for 6 months only to discard him in the summer. He's not good enough for the first team and need playing time to get his form back coming from injury.

BBZ8800

Only played 64 minutes for Clermont Foot in Ligue 1 so far.

3 years ago a lot of fans said that we don't need to buy new midfielders because we will hinder the development of our 3 players with whom we will be set in midfield for the next 15 years.
Our future midfield set for the next 15 years was: Oriol Busquets, Alena, Puig.

I am unbelievably shocked that it didn't work out as predicted.

ajnotkeith

3 years ago a lot of fans said that we don't need to buy new midfielders because we will hinder the development of our 3 players with whom we will be set in midfield for the next 15 years.
Our future midfield set for the next 15 years was: Oriol Busquets, Alena, Puig.

I am unbelievably shocked that it didn't work out as predicted.
Well this happens every few years, people will say there is a Masia golden generation, and for one reason or another it never works out and very few of them end up staying and contributing to the club.

This time it's Gavi/Nico/Ilias/etc, but the caveat is we are the weakest we have been in a long time&in crisis, so these players who normally at these ages would play in the B team or be loaned are now playing a big part in the first team.

This could give it a different outcome. After the bedding in period of this season where they do not have much pressure we will get to see their ability and whether they will make it. Gavi is already leaving good sensations on NT level.

Home of Barca Fans