3-4-3 or 4-3-3

3-4-3 or 4-3-3?

• 3-4-3

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • 4-3-3

Votes: 77 67.0%

• Total voters

coolasif

Without any doubt I would go for 4-3-3.It's perfect formation for us and our players are used to it for years now.3-4-3 will manage to get us killed against stronger opponents.So it's basically a useless formation since we can adapt this in big matches.

C

chipson

Mascherano and Alves aren't fast?
alves was used as a midfielder in 3-4-3, and masch was the only one who could play this system until now.
look at the game against valencia, puyol and abidal looked as if they played another match.

Tomchin

alves was used as a midfielder in 3-4-3, and masch was the only one who could play this system until now.
look at the game against valencia, puyol and abidal looked as if they played another match.
Against Valencia Alves was used as one of our wingers indeed (instead of Villa/Pedro), yesterday he was one of our 3 defenders, and he did it great.

B

barcelonista

[x] 3-4-3.

It's the logical evolution of playing Dani Alves as a RM / RW. 3-4-3 will be our main formation this year, you can bet on it. Pep isn't testing it for fun against Villarreal, Valencia and Atletico Madrid. And Pep is NOT going to bench Fabregas either in important games.

Gfrench33

4-3-3 of course.

However the 3-4-3 may be an interesting option at the Camp Nou. When we've more than 70% of possession.

Against Real Madrid, Manchester United,... this tactic is suicidal.

Phatroonaldo

[x] 3-4-3.

It's the logical evolution of playing Dani Alves as a RM / RW. 3-4-3 will be our main formation this year, you can bet on it. Pep isn't testing it for fun against Villarreal, Valencia and Atletico Madrid. And Pep is NOT going to bench Fabregas either in important games.

Absolutely this.

It will require immense workrate from our forwards and midfielders but it can be done.

B

barcelonista

Messi about the 3-4-3:

"We feel pretty comfortable with it. There are some things we still aren’t doing well, just like with the previous system, but that's OK. It takes time and practice. We still aren’t totally used to it. Personally I'm pretty happy, because up front we have more space and we can link up better with the midfield players, and receive more passes".

So it's gonna be 3-4-3 obviously this season. ;)

C

chipson

in 3-4-3 either puyol or pique will be on the bench, i don't know how pep will deal with this, both are used to play from the very beginning. putting both on the pitch will be sucide. but maybe messi is right, wait and see.:)

B

barcelonista

in 3-4-3 either puyol or pique will be on the bench, i don't know how pep will deal with this, both are used to play from the very beginning. putting both on the pitch will be sucide. but maybe messi is right, wait and see.:)

Puyol can play everywhere in defense: LB, CB, RB. I expect our main backline to be Alves-Pique-Abidal. Then we'll rotate a lot. Against quick opponents Puyol will sit on the bench. Against strong but slow opponents (Ibrahimovic for example :D) Puyol can play etc.

Visca Barca

I prefer 343 against weaker opponents and when Puyol/Piqué are back.
433 against teams like valencia, because they have a quick counter attack.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi on 3-4-3 system: "We feel pretty comfortable with it. Some things we still aren’t doing well, just like with the previous system"
"We can link up better with the midfield players, and receive more passes".

Pique on 3-4-3: "It's working very well because we love to attack and teams who come to the Camp Nou sit back."
http://twitter.com/#!/fcbarcelonanews

Home of Barca Fans