Thibaut Courtois

BerkeleyBernie

Similar to this Madrid. Courtois and Benzema are a pain in the ass to play against just like Drogba and Cech were back then.

Those two are pretty much responsible for this team's success. Combined, they're easily good for a goal difference of at least 1, and that's enough to win most games, no matter who else is on the pitch.

malvolio

Best GK ever now. It gets better by the day for Courtois in here. :lol:

Real fans suddenly forgot how they were crying after club kicked Navas out to bring this lanky fucker. How he had a shacky start at Real and was dropping clangers every other week. Ameoba level brain memory for some overexcited fellas in here.

Btw, Duckadam saved 4 penalties against Barcelona in 86, no shouts of best GK performance ever?

Temptation

Real fans suddenly forgot how they were crying after club kicked Navas out to bring this lanky fucker. How he had a shacky start at Real and was dropping clangers every other week. Ameoba level brain memory for some overexcited fellas in here.

Btw, Duckadam saved 4 penalties against Barcelona in 86, no shouts of best GK performance ever?

Same with Benzema getting a complete image makeover and people forgetting many seasons of his career. Top tier revisionism.

Sums up modern Football fans and their revisionism and extremely comically reactionary outbursts.

Now, I don't agree with your take on his performance last night. He deserves all the praise for being insane last night and it was indeed a sensational performance. Man of the match by far for a reason. But he's still not even close to being the best GK of his generation. We'll have to wait and see if he maintains this level for a long enough period.

It's just narratives people like to cling on. I'd still take Allison in a heartbeat over Courtois. Thankfully I'm not a reactionary Football fan at all.

Last edited:

malvolio

Same with Benzema getting a complete image makeover and people forgetting many seasons of his career. Top tier revisionism.

Sums up modern Football fans and their revisionism and extremely comically reactionary outbursts.

Now, I don't agree with your take on his performance last night. He deserves praise for being insane last night. But he's still not even close to being the best GK of his generation. We'll have to wait and see if he maintains this level for a long enough period.

It's just narratives people like to cling on. I'd still take Allison in a heartbeat over Courtois. Thankfully I'm not a reactionary Football fan at all.

I've said that his performance last night was perfect - clean sheet and didn't do anything wrong. Just felt that it wasn't the greatest GK performance ever, or the best GK performance in a final ever. And surely not something to elevate him to best GK ever FFS :lol:

Temptation

I've said that his performance last night was perfect - clean sheet and didn't do anything wrong. Just felt that it wasn't the greatest GK performance ever, or the best GK performance in a final ever. And surely not something to elevate him to best GK ever FFS :lol:

Not best performance ever obviously but since Cech in 2012 final, this is best CL final performance if I'm not wrong. So possibly best final performance in the last decade maybe.

Laplacian

lol you getting mad over hyperbole from hyped football fans and your retort was...

"yeah yeah yeah what about that performance from 35 years ago?" as an example of a comparable performance.

Feel like if that's your response then you're getting annoyed over nothing. For some of us, Thibaut's performance is literally the best GK performance we've witnessed in our lives so far.

cracken

What are people supposed to do then? Not change their opinion based on new information? The fact that Benzema had a few dud seasons doesn't change the fact that he's been outstanding since Ronaldo left and arguably the best-performing player in the world this year. And even at his lowest point, he still had arfdent supporters who believed in his abilities.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't want to watch the final, opted for night out. Glad I did as well.

From the stats and sound of it, the Belgian brought Real the title. How frustrating it must have been. Glad I missed it!

Neeraj

Amazing performance, clutch for Real this season. Anti MATS.

Having said that, very few players in the world I want to punch in the throat more than this lanky donkey. Crying and bitching in the post match interview minutes after winning the CL, gloating about respect, talking to twitter trolls, etc. What a massive cunt this guy is.

ajnotkeith

Amazing performance, clutch for Real this season. Anti MATS.

Having said that, very few players in the world I want to punch in the throat more than this lanky donkey. Crying and bitching in the post match interview minutes after winning the CL, gloating about respect, talking to twitter trolls, etc. What a massive cunt this guy is.
His ego drives him, at least, and pushes him to play as well as possible. Our veterans ego makes them party all night and laze around doing fucking nothing every game.

Temptation

What are people supposed to do then? Not change their opinion based on new information? The fact that Benzema had a few dud seasons doesn't change the fact that he's been outstanding since Ronaldo left and arguably the best-performing player in the world this year. And even at his lowest point, he still had arfdent supporters who believed in his abilities.

The point was to do with the reactionary comments about players. Benzema deserves the individual awards this year no doubt.

I think what Malvolio had an issue with was some of the exaggerations regarding Courtois' performance. That's what we were talking about.

FinBarcelonafan

True, he is a massive clown and a bad person.(you can read more about his journeys with DeBruyne girlfriend etc.)

Good things shouldn't happen to people like him, but life ain't fair.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION] blanking obvious speculation that someone MIGHT BECOME a GOAT keeper

Bless

malvolio

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION] blanking obvious speculation that someone MIGHT BECOME a GOAT keeper

Bless

For me he shouldn't be in the conversation for GOAT. But who knows, maybe he keeps this season's form in the next years and proves he is indeed GOAT material.

Home of Barca Fans