Alessandro Nesta

Yugi

ruyxd0.gif

well that was milimetres from penalty
anyway excellent show, was leading that 8 man defence like a boss

X

xaviniesta

but the referee had only to decide what he saw. it seemed to me like abate kinda disturbed his view so he can only assume wether nesta hit the ball and you can clearly see that the ball are moving sideways. so correct decition.

though that 'brilliant tackle and lead the defence' talk is bullshit. dani alves has made tons of those goalsaving tackles but nobody gives him the credit. messi got many times easily away from him (the goal, the yellow card.etc) still a much better game that against lazio when he was really reallly awful (but also made one great tackle) it seems as he's lacking consistency.

(i don't want to take nothing away from him. living legend and one of the best defenders of our era)

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The game against Lazio was the first game back, and was the worst i've seen him play so i wouldn't read much into that he is very consistent

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. Even Messi wasn't looking for a penalty, he knew he'd been bettered.

Don't know how you can read Messi's mind but I think he was frustrated because penalty hasn't been awarded after Nesta kicked him.
And I wouldn't exactly say that Nesta bettered Messi after the latter mashed Milan's defense along with Nesta to set up Pedro. Or earned that FK on Nesta again from which Villa scored.
Nesta is good but let's not go crazy.

Sergio

Sergison
Don't know how you can read Messi's mind but I think he was frustrated because penalty hasn't been awarded after Nesta kicked him.
And I wouldn't exactly say that Nesta bettered Messi after the latter mashed Milan's defense along with Nesta to set up Pedro. Or earned that FK on Nesta again from which Villa scored.
Nesta is good but let's not go crazy.

Except he clearly makes contact with the ball before the player, making it a fantastic tackle, which isn't a penalty in any game in any league.

Kicked him. Wise up :lol:

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Except he clearly makes contact with the ball before the player, making it a fantastic tackle, which isn't a penalty in any game in any league.

I'm sure Real Madrid would find a way to get a penalty for that. I mean they got a penalty for a foul outside the area!

Home of Barca Fans