Alessandro Nesta

M

mitkoa7x

Nesta is still such a beast, I cant think of anyone who can frustrate Leo like at the Camp Nou with clean tackles...

How bad is his injury?

Yugi

will there be any other defender like Nesta or Maldini? I dont think so they made defending an art
but I hope that maybe, maybe one day Grimaldo will get close to them in making defending an art :)

X

xaviniesta

first of all , ofcourse i respect him, one of the best defenders in this generation.

today he was really slow and could cope with messi, he would have struggled much more with the barca team one year ago, dealing with villa-messi-pedro.

the penalty thing. it's just unbelivable that so experience defender did such a poor defending. why would you go behind the attacker, not in front of him to defend. he made himself almost impossible to defend busquets because he was always behind him. not to mention that he put himself behind puyol also and grabbed busquets' shirt. if i was his coach i would take him off and tell him how to defend set pieces.

Yaotzin

will there be any other defender like Nesta or Maldini? I dont think so they made defending an art
but I hope that maybe, maybe one day Grimaldo will get close to them in making defending an art :)
Defenders have to be more rounded these days. Inevitably that means they aren't as good at defending. Most noticeable with fullbacks, but center backs are headed the same way.

Last edited:

MoFroBo

first of all , ofcourse i respect him, one of the best defenders in this generation.

today he was really slow and could cope with messi, he would have struggled much more with the barca team one year ago, dealing with villa-messi-pedro.

the penalty thing. it's just unbelivable that so experience defender did such a poor defending. why would you go behind the attacker, not in front of him to defend. he made himself almost impossible to defend busquets because he was always behind him. not to mention that he put himself behind puyol also and grabbed busquets' shirt. if i was his coach i would take him off and tell him how to defend set pieces.

Bit silly by Nesta, but you must admit in 90% of such situations ref either continues or stops the play to warn/card the player. It was never a penalty, ball wasn't even in a game.

Could be his very last CL performance...

Cataloniakid

Anyone blaming the ref should blame Nesta. The man is a legend, but i dont see why people are complaining about that pen, holding the shirt is illegal, Nesta wasnt even subtle about it.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
that's what happens when you play him in a more expansive game. the only opponent he can't mark is father time. his legs are gone.

put him in a position where pace isn't much of an issue (as happened in the 1st leg) and he's as good as he ever was.

that two-footed tackle was nasty.

he had massive brainfart going all Walter "Groper" Samuel and Lucio The Molester on Busquets. shame.

X

xaviniesta

Bit silly by Nesta, but you must admit in 90% of such situations ref either continues or stops the play to warn/card the player. It was never a penalty, ball wasn't even in a game.

Could be his very last CL performance...

the referees decision has nothing to do with what i just said. can you read? nesta was always the loser of this situation, just like the other milan guy who grabbed puyi's shirt in san siro. they were behind the situation, behind the man. they couldn't mark their man properly. thats just horrible defending for italians of all people. doin't drag the referee here to make them any justice.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
that's what happens when you play him in a more expansive game. the only opponent he can't mark is father time. his legs are gone.

put him in a position where pace isn't much of an issue (as happened in the 1st leg) and he's as good as he ever was.

that two-footed tackle was nasty.

he had massive brainfart going all Walter "Groper" Samuel and Lucio The Molester on Busquets. shame.

Man, your hate for Inter and those two CBs is so relentless it has surpassed anything normal and just obscenely funny.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Man, your hate for Inter and those two CBs is so relentless it has surpassed anything normal and just obscenely funny.

they just sicken me. so much douchebaggery.

people like Nesta, Rio, Piqué... they make defending look like art. even the beastmen like Puyol, Vince, Vidic, Badger, etc. have a glorious finesse to them.

and tbf Lucio was alright before he went to Italy and realised that he could compensate for getting old by adding some Italian/Argentine/Uruguayan bastardry to his repertoire.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
they just sicken me. so much douchebaggery.

people like Nesta, Rio, Piqué... they make defending look like art. even the beastmen like Puyol, Vince, Vidic, Badger, etc. have a glorious finesse to them.

and tbf Lucio was alright before he went to Italy and realised that he could compensate for getting old by adding some Italian/Argentine/Uruguayan bastardry to his repertoire.

You know what? Samuel is what Argentina needs, as did Lucio prove to winning the World Cup for Brazil. Idiotic/shit defending sickens more than what these two thugs do, at least they try and are bosses.

Say what you will about them, they have pushed their luck as far as anyone could and they were successful at it. It is not like they are not good at defending either, they are, excellent defenders too. It is just that they are bit...how would you say? Ah...cavemanly. Very dependable.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You know what? Samuel is what Argentina needs, as did Lucio prove to winning the World Cup for Brazil. Idiotic/shit defending sickens more than what these two thugs do, at least they try and are bosses.

Say what you will about them, they have pushed their luck as far as anyone could and they were successful at it. It is not like they are not good at defending either, they are, excellent defenders too. It is just that they are bit...how would you say? Ah...cavemanly. Very dependable.

All great Argentine teams had an element of thuggery. I hate when it's taken to Bilardo-levels, but Argentina needs a hardman in the defense.

Thuggery and finesse aren't mutual either.Look at, god damn him, Paolo Montero.

Home of Barca Fans