Alessandro Nesta

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was immense the whole game...

At first I thought that tackle was a penalty, but then the lower angle showed that there was no such thing, contact yes, but it wasn't a foul in my opinion... Messi didn't even complain...

W

woobie

I've watched it several times and don't think it was a penalty. I think it was a damn good sliding tackle by a very skilled centerback.

zanela

Give me Nesta over any of the several young glorified defenders from today. Not only is he a treat to watch, but he's a comprehensive study material in the art of football defending. As for students of the game like myself, and aspiring footballers he's as educative as it gets. In the context of our match alone, his organisation of the defense, commanding presence, anticipation of opposition attack & movement, covering for the defense partner, the composure and discipline in his tackles was all there to see. A seasoned and intelligent defender alright. But his belief and ability to execute a challenge(given such miniscule margin for error)to perfection, on the most skillful player on the planet is magnificient to say the least. The science involved boggles the mind. Such defensive heroics is akin to an attacker scoring a wonder goal. Only the latter gets celebrated more. :(
A Genius at work. Playing alongside him, must 've taught T.Silva a great deal, like it would any young defender in his place.

MoFroBo

Nesta is definitely my favorite all time CB (sadly I didn't have a chance to watch Baresi, so it is only my opinion). His tackles back in his 20-ies were just monstrous! When I watched the games I thought he is going to break someones leg, but it always went out for inch perfect tackle.

Truly talent once in decades.

W

woobie

He's go a nephew playing in the nazio youth system apparently.

(and there ARE two Maldini boys playing in the Milan youth system. I wouldn't count them out just yet)

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Him and Rio would be my Ideal CB partnership, Nesta is certainly the best of his generation, Wouldnt put Rio far behind him though.

Home of Barca Fans