Hector Bellerin

Yugi

Héctor Beller?*n

Date of birth: 10.03.1995
Nationality: Spain
Position: RW/RWB

Hector-Bellerin-020711.jpg

I guess he doesn´t need an introduction.
Heard he is already rated higher than his partner in crime Jon Toral in north London so I wouldn´t be surprised if we will go after him one day.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Or.....

By the time he'll become a regular at Arsenal, we'll have some other talented youngster take his place. ;)

A

ArsenalN5

Haven't heard anything about him or the other one since they arrived.

Too young for a Carling Cup run-out?

He's a RW so that's probably Alex Oxlade Chamberlain's spot for the CC.

Robbie

Hector_Bellerin_in_an_Arsenal_Jacket.jpg

There's paperwork problems so none of our new U-18's are eligible to play for a couple more weeks. No Toral, Bellerin, Olsson, or Gnabry till mid September.

Anyways, Bellerin is really active on twitter and seems to be very passionate about the club. Hope he impresses Arsene and gets some first team football soon.

Theconomist

Too many big names in the lower teams do not make it. Until they start playing regularly for a first team I try to overlook the hype.

Gervinho

Bellerin and Toral at arsenal are interesting. last couple of months he has looked better. before that he was good going forward, but hopeless defending. He signed professional contract 3 months ago and is starting to get minutes for the reserve team now. i think he has a chance to make it with us as Sagna 29 will be gone within 2 years time. Right now Jenkinson is Sagnas backup who doesnt have anywhere near Bellerins ball talent, but he's an impressive athlete.

Toral has been bit of meh....I cant see him making it here, there are midfielder his age who looks to be quite bit more talented than him like Gnabry and Olsson. I expect him to go the way of Merida

Robbie

Wenger wanted to keep Merida. He even played him at Anfield, where he scored the winner. Then Merida decided he was bigger than the club and ran off to Athletico (promised a starting role, thought he was too good for the bench at age 20), where he wasn't favoured by the manager and ended up destroying his confidence/career.

Gervinho

Wenger wanted to keep Merida. He even played him at Anfield, where he scored the winner. Then Merida decided he was bigger than the club and ran off to Athletico (promised a starting role, thought he was too good for the bench at age 20), where he wasn't favoured by the manager and ended up destroying his confidence/career.

Wenger lies alot, he never wanted to keep merida...truth is he didnt care much for him as he wasnt a first team player. Merida made the right decision back then as he wasnt that highly rated and was behind even a younger Ramsey. the guy was 20 and wasnt even making the bench and younger players were seen as bigger prospects like wilshere/coquelin. offcourse Wenger says of every player he sells we wanted to keep him, hell he even said that about bendtner that he has a future at aRsenal

Robbie

Wenger offered him a new contract, and because he was a lifelong Athletico fan he turned it down and went there instead. Even Merida and his agent confirmed that there was a contract offered, and that he wanted to move to his "boyhood club". Wenger didn't table an improved offer because there's no point in fighting to convince a 20 year old who wants to leave, especially when Ramsey and Wilshere are in the picture.

With that Liverpool goal, I thought Merida was starting to really grow in confidence. At age 20, he could have become a great midfielder for us, but I guess it shows how easy it is to fall into the wilderness. The manager that signed him and wanted to play him was sacked, and the new guy didn't want him, and that ended up destroying his career.

EDIT: Found an old compilation

Merida, Rui Fonte, Arturo Lupoli, Carlos Vela, Bendtner... So many disappointing failures from that generation :(

Last edited:

Isaac_Cuenca23

Started at RB today for Arsenal U21's v West Brom. Had a good game, made some good forward runs, passed well and made some excellent sliding tackles on El Ghanassy, a Belgian international.

I don't think it will be too long before he gets a run out in the first team.

Miquel played too. He was captain and looked good at CB but Toral wasn't in the squad

Robbie

http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/brothers-in-arms

Here's an interview with Toral and Bellerin. They talk about everything, so it's definitely worth checking out. Bellerin has been on the bench for the league cup, and Toral has been recovering from injuries (had knee surgery not too long ago). Both are probably the best players in our u-18's and reserves, so I see them getting into the first team someday.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans