Hector Bellerin

Robbie

Goals at 1:55, 9:40, and 10:40

Bellerin sets up all 3 goals, and all 4 goals we conceded were from the left side (he wasn't at fault). He was brilliant, and a lot of gooners are raving about him and saying he should be in the first team next season. Probably better than Jenkinson already, and with Sagna declining, next season could be his breakout.

gunnerthoughts

He's got more technical ability than Jenkinson, no doubt - who I don't rate as much as most Arsenal fans do. His link up is some of the most impressive I've seen in a long time for a full-back in Arsenal colours. Going forward is where he shines though, got such a great eye for a run, and loves getting in between the left back and centre-back - which not many full-back's do - in that sense, I'd liken him to Jordi Alba. Difference is, Jordi Alba defensively likes to stand off players, Bellerin's different as he likes to tackle, too and is ever improving defensively. Really becoming another one of those players with Spanish technique and developing some real English grit. Taller than Jordi, and becoming very robust now. Great player in the making - if all goes well, could be a very important player for Arsenal and Spain.

I'd definitely say he's the closest to the first team. If Sagna leaves this summer, and no replacement is made, I expect him to get his chances next season. Will be a starter by 20, no doubt.

Last edited:

Robbie

Next season he will probably get loaned to a PL club like Wigan. He needs a full season like Bendtner, Song, and Wilshere got.

gunnerthoughts

Next season he'll probably be second choice behind Jenkinson, with the hugely regrettable, but inevitable, departure of Bac. Though after next season, he'll overtake Jenkinson, in my opinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could have stayed and been one of the players with the biggest chances to get first team action, but decided to leave because Arsenal promised to 'fast track' him into the first team. Im sure £££ played a part in that decision as well.

Stay in Arsenal.

Ritchie

Could have stayed and been one of the players with the biggest chances to get first team action, but decided to leave because Arsenal promised to 'fast track' him into the first team. Im sure £££ played a part in that decision as well.

Stay in Arsenal.

May also have seen Alves at his peak and Montoya coming through and thought he was best leaving.

Home of Barca Fans