Hector Bellerin

gunnerthoughts

Comp of the Barça old boy against Inter U19 this week. Shocking conditions and football from us, but nice to see that he's capable of playing ugly as well.

Yugi

Comp of the Barça old boy against Inter U19 this week. Shocking conditions and football from us, but nice to see that he's capable of playing ugly as well.

looks like our RB position is secured for years to come, Bellerin + Montoya :drool:

Robbie

Sagna will be declining in a year or two, and Jenkinson is still a bit raw. Bellerin will get his chance soon, but will probably be getting FA Cup and League Cup appearances, or going on loan.

Charlton turned Song from a boy into a man, and Wilshere massively improved from his season at Bolton. Hopefully the same happens with Bellerin.

gunnerthoughts

Word going round that he will be promoted next season to second choice. Certain he'll play in league cup, though. Loan would be good, but only a Premier League loan is worthy, IMO.

Robbie

Pretty much. He said he was planning on "returning someday" literally the day after he signed. Seems a massive Arsenal fan though, judging by his twitter posts. Goes to every game and supports the club more than most of our first teamers

Yugi

anyone has any vid of him lately? heard he was brilliant last night whatever arsenal were playing

ryaninho

He will be making waves soon in the football world I can see him in the team soon. He was very good last night going forward and backwards he set up the goal. Why barca let him go I don't know, I feel that this would continue to happen due to the fact that some feel that they won't get they chances to play at the camp nou. So they are opting to go elsewhetre to apply they trade. I think this was mentioned on a different thread

ryaninho

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w8jDppxPZHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DDka-tI2Eok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

enjoy

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He will be making waves soon in the football world I can see him in the team soon. He was very good last night going forward and backwards he set up the goal. Why barca let him go I don't know, I feel that this would continue to happen due to the fact that some feel that they won't get they chances to play at the camp nou. So they are opting to go elsewhetre to apply they trade. I think this was mentioned on a different thread

Actually Barca really wanted him to stay but the money seems to have been too much to turn down

Robbie

It wasn't just the money, it was a concrete roadmap to a first team position (based on his performances) with promises of cup game appearances. Disregarding the golden generation of Pique, Cesc, and Messi (two of which left to gain experience before returning anyway)... how many make it in La Masia? Maybe a better question would be, how many fail?

He was given the opportunity to experience a new country, a new culture, and football outside his comfort zone. If anything, it will make him a much better player for it. Besides, literally the first interview after signing, he said he would return someday. He just turned 18 and will be breaking into the first team within the next couple of seasons if he keeps going like this. That's still what -- 6 or 7 years before he enters his prime? He'd finish his business in England and go back to Barca long before then, if they really want him.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It obviously wasn't everything but Barca were pretty short on RW's at the time and the RB situation was even worse. He'd most likely be playing right back for Barca B by now if he'd stayed.

Also I think Toral helped convince him as well

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't see Bellerin coming back if Montoya establishes himself as a defensive leader and the go-to withdrawn fullback. He's got too much talent to be a bench/rotational player and considering his attitude and the way he's drastically changed in his time at Arsenal, I wouldn't be surprised if he just chose to stay there or even left for a different team in search of glory or money. The way he acts it's as if he has forgotten his Barca roots and has completely submerged himself into English culture. I know he said he wanted to return the day after he went to Arsenal, but it's been a while since then and he is a VERY different person now with different plans for the future probably.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Had a great game in the Nextgen series semi final against Chelsea, setting up two goals with a good low cross for Akpom to score and a through ball behind the opposing left back for Gnabry to score

Home of Barca Fans