Who would you sign between Cesc or Sanchez this season?

Fabregas or Sanchez?

• Cesc Fabregas, we need backup in the midfield

Votes: 49 23.6%
  • Alexis Sanchez, we need backup for our offense

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Neither of them this season

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

Barcafire

I think we should:
- keep Jeffren, forget about Sanchez
- sell Bojan, get a back-up striker that will become our main striker after Villa retires
- but then again, Messi is a false 9 now which leaves Pedro and Villa more like RF ams LF, so perhaps Sanchez makes sense
- sell Milito and Maxwell, get a younger reliable LB for the future for around 17m
- move Abidal to CB and use Mascherano as CB more too until our youth CB's can step up
- use youth players more
- wait next year for Cesc and let Thiago grow

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Let's not get personal dude.
Interesting results so far. I thought Cesc would win the poll but I guess after all this time expecting him to come many have become disenchanted.

I think many people tend to vote for the player that Barca is most strongly linked with in a certain period. I noticed the same thing in Aguero/Rossi poll and Rossi/Sanchez poll.

I voted for none anyway.

Hete BLKSM

In a perfect world I would like to get both. In reality though, I do not see us buying Fàbregas. I actually prefer Sánchez, as I have faith that Thiago will continue making progress and this can be helped best by giving him some more playtime. We mustn't forget Keita either. With those two and Afellay, we have a decent back-up on the midfield. Cesc would obviously be great as he is probably one of three midfielders I can think of who come close to Xaviniesta quality (Özil and Sneijder being the others) so having him as a back-up/rotation player would be epic. But considering the fact that probably both Jeffrén and Bojan (or at least one of them) will leave, we need another offensive player. Sánchez would be great to fill this gap.

OriginalThinking

Sanchez. Let Thiago get some time in the midfield.

Got to agree with this. If Bojan is off to Roma (seems pretty much a certainty) then we need a back up plan up front. Villa's form was patchy at times last season, Pedro was out briefly with injury and Messi simply can't play every game! Given that Sanchez is being coveted by some fairly big European names he's clearly something special, though I'll admit that I haven't watched enough of Serie A or Udinese to comment myself. I've watched some footage online, but YouTube highlight videos can be a bit misleading. I really think Thiago is a massive prospect and Cesc's arrival (unless Thiago goes the other way) would eat into his first team opportunities. Why spend a small fortune on Cesc when we already have Thiago who will cost us nothing? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Fabregas back in a Barcelona shirt, but he isn't the priority here. Of course if we could get both.....

adil_909

we should forget about sanchez, we don't have the money.

in terms of bojan, i'd just keep him and play him when villa is off form.

an as for cesc, if we get him, fine. if not, let's get another striker that is cheaper. tiago can cover for xaviesta if needed

point being - we need to stop making stupid transfer dealings. this team was good enough to win the double, and with any luck, we can do it again. if we don't do it, then we can look at these ridiculous signings next year. no need to go broke making changes that might not even be needed.

E

Edmo

i feel we dont neither of them, we have Jefferen for Sanchez, Thiago for Cesc. We should sell Maxwell and Milito and call back Caceres. Ibra should go for good to.

jairzinho

Cesc is one of my favorites but i can't seem to understand the desperation of the club to sign him, as if we are in dire need of his services. I favor Sanchez over Cesc as we need more depth and bite up front. Cesc is a long term option for now

Zak_

certainly no to Cesc for this season, i mean to spend 40m for a player who will do bench's role is far from logic.....

E

estranged

I don't get why people say Sanchez for 40 mil and Cesc for 35 are stupid transfers, fair enough the Ibra/Chgygy transfers were stupid but I think 40 for Sanchez and 35 for Cesc are good deals. Lets be honest Sanchez is worth 40 and Cesc is worth more than 35, I think these are good buys on our part, plus if we buy these 2 we don't need to really need any reinforcements in our midfield and attack for at least the next 2/3 seasons, and we can do with just signing 1 good defender in the next few seasons. It makes sense to use next seasons transfer money to buy these 2 since with Alexis+Cesc we really don't need to buy anyone else next season or 2.

My preference would be just to buy Sanchez but Cesc at 35 mil is a great buy. Be delighted to have both on board.

Yugi

it´s 28M for Sanchez ffs, he can flop so Udinese wont even get next 13M = and that´s hell of a deal if you ask me
and Cesc for 35M isnt a bad deal either, he needs some good doctors (looks like arsenal docs are shit) and needs some rests, class is permanent

Home of Barca Fans