Qatar FC

Sterlingfan2000

It absolutely is IF there is promotion and relegation from/and linked to Serie A, LaLiga, Ligue1, Bundesliga.

Feasibility, structure and willingness is another question.

ESL isn't coming since English Government aren't allowing it. There should be another anwser, like giving tv money more equally

Porque

ESL isn't coming since English Government aren't allowing it. There should be another anwser, like giving tv money more equally

I'm talking of a Euro Super League without the EPL. One between the big 4/6 leagues outside the EPL with promotion and relegation with their domestic leagues. One that co-exists with the EPL.

It won't happen, but it is the only way for the big clubs outside England to financially compete, and create a comparable global tv rights generating model.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm talking of a Euro Super League without the EPL. One between the big 4/6 leagues outside the EPL with promotion and relegation with their domestic leagues. One that co-exists with the EPL.

It won't happen, but it is the only way for the big clubs outside England to financially compete, and create a comparable global tv rights generating model.

Good point. These leagues need to find a way to challenge PL.

Morten

Im at a loss, PL clubs have had a financial advantage for a long time, yet they haven't even had a Spain-level dominance of Europe yet, why are we supposed to panic now?

The leagues as a whole wont compete with PL financially, but they never really did anyway, yet there was still competition in Europe, as it will be in the future, after this current golden period in the PL is over.

Im all for Real and Barca sharing their tv rights more with the rest of the league, btw.

FinBarcelonafan

Im at a loss, PL clubs have had a financial advantage for a long time, yet they haven't even had a Spain-level dominance of Europe yet, why are we supposed to panic now?

The leagues as a whole wont compete with PL financially, but they never really did anyway, yet there was still competition in Europe, as it will be in the future, after this current golden period in the PL is over.

Im all for Real and Barca sharing their tv rights more with the rest of the league, btw.

Barca and Real need to find new ways to moneytize their product.

Income from TV isn't enough, so it should be shared more equally.

Morten

Barca and Real need to find new ways to moneytize their product.

Income from TV isn't enough, so it should be shared more equally.

Barca and Real have no troubles with income, we are at the top of the list when it comes to revenues, dont listen to Perez crocodile tears.

Spending money like drunken sailors, thats the real issue here, even City or PSG doesnt hand out wages like RM or Barcelona in particular does.

stb_1

that would be super cowardly..

Fucking over smaller Spanish clubs just because you wasted Ronaldo and Messi marketing opportunity.

Can you imagine how much the PL would have hyped Ronaldo vs Messi? not the PL fault that they are so much better at pushing their product. Just look at this for example.
https://scorum.com/en-us/football/@...how-the-premier-league-uses-design-to-win-big

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
that would be super cowardly..

Fucking over smaller Spanish clubs just because you wasted Ronaldo and Messi marketing opportunity.

Can you imagine how much the PL would have hyped Ronaldo vs Messi? not the PL fault that they are so much better at pushing their product. Just look at this for example.
https://scorum.com/en-us/football/@...how-the-premier-league-uses-design-to-win-big

The evidence supposedly proving EPL's supremacy cited by that article is so cringy, EPL is lighter and Bundesliga is darker? Because most EPL games are played quite early, no later than 6:00 pm if I am not mistaken and the author was using the picture of a game played during the day to showcase brighter colors of the EPL? The Bundesliga game was played at night obviously under the floodlights, and sure, whatever that stadium was, was not well lit.

And colors used in the logo of the EPL proves what?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
PSG had a loss of 124m in the 19/20 season. I'd think they might have a bigger loss in the 20/21 season since there was zero matchday revenue, however at the same time I am not sure if the TV deal for Ligue 1 was back in place so they recouped some money there, and they had a wage cut too (?) so the financial numbers from last season might actually be better? [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION], can you confirm?

Altogether Ligue 1 lost 269m in the 19/20 season, with PSG at 124m, Marseille at 97m, Lyon at 36m. AS Monaco broke even.

Newcomer

PSG had a loss of 124m in the 19/20 season. I'd think they might have a bigger loss in the 20/21 season since there was zero matchday revenue, however at the same time I am not sure if the TV deal for Ligue 1 was back in place so they recouped some money there, and they had a wage cut too (?) so the financial numbers from last season might actually be better? [MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION], can you confirm?

Altogether Ligue 1 lost 269m in the 19/20 season, with PSG at 124m, Marseille at 97m, Lyon at 36m. AS Monaco broke even.

PSG will lose more without a doubt. Not a problem for French financial commitee as long as owners pay.

Newcomer

If they succeed in doing it, it might well be the best window of PSG. After Bakker, it is reported PSG are trying hard to sell Kurzawa and are in talks with some turkish club. The problem is to convince the player who likes Paris.

Damn, just imagine getting rid of all those useless fullbacks/wingbacks in one window !!! And ofc, if he leaves, it means we will undoubtedly recruit a LB because with Bakker it is 2 LB sold.

It is as if they finally opened their eyes and saw that those wings were weak as fuck and they are doing what should have been done long ago. I must be dreaming.

Sterlingfan2000

If they succeed in doing it, it might well be the best window of PSG. After Bakker, it is reported PSG are trying hard to sell Kurzawa and are in talks with some turkish club. The problem is to convince the player who likes Paris.

Damn, just imagine getting rid of all those useless fullbacks/wingbacks in one window !!! And ofc, if he leaves, it means we will undoubtedly recruit a LB because with Bakker it is 2 LB sold.

It is as if they finally opened their eyes and saw that those wings were weak as fuck and they are doing what should have been done long ago. I must be dreaming.

QATAR is cancer of football. Now they even have executives in Uefa and even in Premier league. Hoffman the Chairman of EPL has ties with Qatar

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have no problem with PSG getting him. Them winning CL's is much better than the likes of Madrid's and Bayern's of the world winning them.

It sucks to see that PSG will make a lot of money from getting Messi though.

FC433

Cannot blame him if he wants to go there, it is perfect for him. However, I truly hope he ends up in the PL (any club). I really do not want him to go to PSG :lol:

Home of Barca Fans