Qatar FC

khaled_a_d

Haaland could put the condition to be 4 years contract. Then he finishes his contract at 25. So... business-wise, it makes the most sense. PSG are desperate and would pay him through the roof.

It all depends just how money-desperate Haaland is. Judging that his agent is Raiola, I'd say money is no1 criteria. It's not like PSG don't make it deep in CL either, 1 final and 1 semifinal.

If City is out, then it's PSG or Madrid imo. Barca can't afford him.

PSG pays a lot, but all their contacts were long term ones.
They aren't fools and want their investment back, zero chance he will get PSG to pay him what he wants on 4 year deal.
He isn't even that marketable player yet to warrant that

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some of these 20 year old wonderkids grew up watching Real Madrid win a 3-peat in the CL the last few years so turned into RM fans/glory hunters.

serghei

Real Madrid I think would be his top choice.

Yea, most balanced package. But pretty sure Mbappe was debating between PSG or Madrid as well. And probably thought, I'm gonna go to PSG first, stay in Paris and get filthy rich, then I'll go to Madrid in my prime to win things.

Sound career planning, get the most out of both worlds.

DonAK

Yea, most balanced package. But pretty sure Mbappe was debating between PSG or Madrid as well. And probably thought, I'm gonna go to PSG first, stay in Paris and get filthy rich, then I'll go to Madrid in my prime to win things.

Yeah, but it's a bit different with Mbappe.

He grew up as a PSG fan and I think he has realized how tough it is to get out of Paris which is why and Neymar both are stalling on their contract extensions.

serghei

PSG pays a lot, but all their contacts were long term ones.
They aren't fools and want their investment back, zero chance he will get PSG to pay him what he wants on 4 year deal.
He isn't even that marketable player yet to warrant that

Depends. PSG are in a position where they would have to make a compromise.

Yeah, but it's a bit different with Mbappe.

He grew up as a PSG fan and I think he has realized how tough it is to get out of Paris which is why and Neymar both are stalling on their contract extensions.

Yea, but still, player has the edge. Some players just lack ambition and just signed extensions with PSG because they got comfortable and got paid a lot, but the ambitious ones don't see PSG as their final club. They see PSG as a good club to win a lot of money, but not the prestigious elite club to be at long term.

JamDav1982

Mbappe could easily be an example of what not to repeat though.

What has playing for PSG done for him on playing side apart from constant speculation about where will play next?

DonAK

Verratti is the dumbest fucker ever.

He's such an incredible midfield talent who has never really grown into the player he could have been. Too comfortable in Paris.

He wasn't even among PSG's top five best paid players until his recent contract renewal :lol:

Windhook

Haaland at PSG? No. PSG took a big blow tonight against their Emirates rivals. Mbappe is leaving this summer, Ney wanting back at Barca since the moment he arrived there. Veratti is the only one great player left at the club and his days are numbered in case those two departures happen. The Galacticos project in Paris is destined to fail, because of the lack of big money in other French clubs. I'd consider Saudi Arabia's investment at Newcastle United a smarter move, if they survive relegation, of course.

serghei

Mbappe could easily be an example of what not to repeat though.

What has playing for PSG done for him on playing side apart from constant speculation about where will play next?

Don't think so. Most popular player right now, probably filthy rich, will probably end up at Madrid and lead their rebuild. Played his card right. It's PSG that thought they will somehow become this big thing with Mbappe when he in fact is using them and looking to go to Madrid as a free agent.

If Mbappe did this at Barca, I'd be fuming. Imagine what Neymar did almost, except with no 222m., him going for free after all he paid him and his father. And without winning a treble. Terrible :lol:.

Last edited:

DonAK

E0k251vWYAABpQZ

JamDav1982

Don't think so. Most popular player right now, probably filthy rich, will probably end up at Madrid and lead their rebuild. Played his card right.

His contract at PSG he could have got elsewhere and Mbappe is not the most popular player either or come close to balondors etc.

Players looking at him and Neymar at PSG wont be lining up to repeat it for anything but money.

There has been next to nothing of a relevant achievement in time there.

serghei

Haaland at PSG? No. PSG took a big blow tonight against their Emirates rivals. Mbappe is leaving this summer, Ney wanting back at Barca since the moment he arrived there. Veratti is the only one great player left at the club and his days are numbered in case those two departures happen. The Galacticos project in Paris is destined to fail, because of the lack of big money in other French clubs. I'd consider Saudi Arabia's investment at Newcastle United a smarter move, if they survive relegation, of course.

Yea, Ligue 1 is working against them. But even then, they splash so much money, that they managed to attract world-class players.

Windhook

Yea, Ligue 1 is working against them. But even then, they splash so much money, that they managed to attract world-class players.

Not anymore. Without a proper restructuring at the club, not possible. They got Neymar and Mbappe with the promise of becoming the greatest club on the planet, which is no longer the case. Failure after failure brings negative reputation.

Home of Barca Fans