Qatar FC

jamrock

With the smarter changes they seem to be making, they are my favourites to win the CL this season, I think Ramos and is wining mentality will make a huge difference in the KO stages.

Kul_z

Nasser on Tebas and la liga: "He doesn't know anything about it, and he should concentrate on his championship because it's a bit dead."

Damn, la liga is clearly at its lowest point in last 15 years, but still managed to have 2 cl semifinalist and winner in madrid.
In the era of premiership domination if we can call it that, they have 2 cl, bundesliga has 1, ligue 1 has none. Audacity of this fucker. As much as i hate tebas, he's doing us a big favour because we will clean our shit up, and the amount of hate la liga clubs would have towards qsg would be fucking delightful in common matches.
And yes, that fuss after madrid game in cl, is it forgotten, did uefa made something or wtf? Why is this moron still capable of speaking on whatever related to uefa football?

Rory

Pretty good appointment from PSG tbh. Won the league with Lille 2 years ago. Moved to Nice and won the french cup and played some good football.

soul24rage

Don't know much about him, but from what I've seen on Twitter

◉ In December 2017, Christophe Galtier was appointed manager of 18th-placed Lille and they avoided relegation

◉ In 2020/21, Lille won the title for the first time since 2011

◉ In 2021/22, he became Nice manager and guided them to their first Coupe de France final since 1997

◉ Christophe Galtier beat Mauricio Pochettino in Ligue 1 with both Lille and Nice, as well as knocking them out of the 2021/22 Coupe de France on penalties.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1544295352009998337

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1544297294878621697

We'll see if he has the man management skills to deal with huge egos.

Birdy

I can't understand the Emir of Qatar honestly.
He is obsessed with Galactico policy clearly and recent history shows how he is after one superstar after another when they become available (Mbape, Ney, Messi, Ramos)
On the other hand, he goes with options like Campos at SD and Galtier as a coach, which are options for real clubs that want to work and not clubs that act like a theater of primadonnas

Galtier will have the same fate as Poch, Tuchel, and Emery, who were all top notch WC coaches and tainted their name, reputation, and integrity by taking this shitty job. He will join them on that list

Newcomer

He is obsessed with Galactico policy clearly and recent history shows how he is after one superstar after another when they become available (Mbape, Ney, Messi, Ramos)
On the other hand, he goes with options like Campos at SD and Galtier as a coach, which are options for real clubs that want to work and not clubs that act like a theater of primadonnas

Galtier will have the same fate as Poch, Tuchel, and Emery, who were all top notch WC coaches and tainted their name, reputation, and integrity by taking this shitty job. He will join them on that list

Mbapp? and Neymar were originally good decisions : both players were young, had big marketability prospects and could help the club on pitch and commercially. Alas, Neymar suffered big injuries which made him unable to fill the expectations. Messi and Ramos were mistakes, both past their prime physically.

Hiring Campos is understandable imo. The guy is the one who built the two teams that have superseded PSG as L1 champions in that decade. Leonardo, in the other hand, got ousted at Milan (who are doing way better now) or in Turkey.

I agree with you about Galtier as this guy hasn't even won a single C1 game in his whole career. It is highly debatable he is fit for the job but i guess he comes with Campos as a bundle (worked in tandem at Lille).

Emery is not a top coach, his stint in PL wasn't good either. He is a good second row coach, perfect for Europa League and PSG don't play Europa League.
Tuchel didn't get his reputation or name or integrity tainted. Instead, he made a step forward in his career at PSG and reached a CL final and got instantly hired by Chelsea once he was available. I believe his name was more tainted when he left Dortmund (bad results and sporting director calling him names).

Pochettino is..., hum, not as good as his predecessors. Happy to see him leave. To his defence, though, i wouldn't say he lost the title to Lille since PSG were already behind when Tuchel was evicted. They both share the responsibility.

Now, PSG have still not fixed the midfield problem. Thus, i imagine it will be another failure. We need someone both physically strong and good with his feet. Tchouam?ni was prolly the guy but Real were keener to complete the move. I'm also rather pleased when i see Campos insisting for a CB.

Imo, as it stands now, PSG have regressed because some players have regressed as they have aged, some have left and no top players have joined (and there are no promising players waiting to explode next season either).

serghei

Yeah, they don't need a drill sergeant manager who wants to instill discipline and sacrifice as team attributes. They need someone like EV, a nice guy who will cause as few conflicts as possible and would even be willing to put out some fires and try to get a bunch of primadonnas to not cause the whole team to implode.

Messi983

Emir actually wanted Zidane but he rejected them multiple times.

Jair Ventura

Pipe down. We good.

KingLeo10

"Pipe down", he says.

> Supports a club that has been piped in Europe for 10 years running despite spending like 1.5 - 2 billion :lol:

The Jair boom - bust (hibernation) cycle is always at the boom in July.

Home of Barca Fans