User Tag List

Page 212 of 217 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3253

Thread: Qatar FC

  1. #3166
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,866
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Feels a bit like the end of their project. Dont think they can hold Mbappe and Neymar. Just hope we stay away as far as possible.
    Hope they hold on to Neymar. Don't want him anywhere near Barca.

  2. #3167
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,769
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be interesting to see how they manage Neymar and Mbappe with only one year left on both contracts.

    Do they sell to the highest bidder and attempt to rebuild the squad or do they accept they will likely never get two players of that calibre again and take one more shot at winning the CL even if it means losing both on free transfers?

  3. #3168
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States
    End of a project

  4. #3169
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,616
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
    Will be interesting to see how they manage Neymar and Mbappe with only one year left on both contracts.

    Do they sell to the highest bidder and attempt to rebuild the squad or do they accept they will likely never get two players of that calibre again and take one more shot at winning the CL even if it means losing both on free transfers?
    Would guess they keep both unless huge offer which most likely wont come.

    Cant see players of that calibre going anywhere near Paris now and particularly not when no ESL and vast majority of career is in irrelevant French league.

  5. #3170
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    End of a project
    As long as money is flowing this project will never end and we all know that qatar is full of cash. Loosing against city will motivate them even more to invest. At some point this will be the oil league it is actually already looking who is playing there.

  6. #3171
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    End of a project
    I honestly think so too. I don't see them being as good next year even if they keep both Mbappe and Neymar. For their own sake, they should probably offload both and start rebuilding.
    Se Queda

  7. #3172
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,616
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    I honestly think so too. I don't see them being as good next year even if they keep both Mbappe and Neymar. For their own sake, they should probably offload both and start rebuilding.
    The issue for them is rebuilding to what and will they have a better team than the one without both of them?

    Reckon they will keep them for one last go at it.

  8. #3173
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,209
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, if they run down the contracts of both Mbappe and Neymar they look like even bigger clowns than now.

  9. #3174
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,616
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Wow, if they run down the contracts of both Mbappe and Neymar they look like even bigger clowns than now.
    What do you suggest they do? Sell both?

    Not sure how much would get and who to get in from that scenario.

  10. #3175
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,209
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Haaland + Raiola will use them too to become filthy rich, then see his contract out and move at 23 with his bank account maxed out.

  11. #3176
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    The issue for them is rebuilding to what and will they have a better team than the one without both of them?

    Reckon they will keep them for one last go at it.
    They can easily focus on their younger players like Moise Kean, Diallo, etc. until there's some very good young player to get like they did with Mbappe when he was at Monaco. They will still be favorites for Ligue 1. I just don't think for them it's a very smart decision to hold on to both when they can still get a lot of money. I also don't think they will reach CL final and maybe even semis next season with presumably a stronger Barca, stronger Man U, and stronger(less injured) Liverpool.
    Se Queda

  12. #3177
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,616
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    They can easily focus on their younger players like Moise Kean, Diallo, etc. until there's some very good young player to get like they did with Mbappe when he was at Monaco. They will still be favorites for Ligue 1. I just don't think for them it's a very smart decision to hold on to both when they can still get a lot of money. I also don't think they will reach CL final and maybe even semis next season with presumably a stronger Barca, stronger Man U, and stronger(less injured) Liverpool.
    All three of them are shite and Gueye is 31.

    They have no young players to build on like that.

    Edit: I see you deleted Gueye as young player.
    Last edited by JamDav1982; 4th May 2021 at 10:34 PM.

  13. #3178
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    All three of them are shite and Gueye is 31.

    They have no young players to build on like that.
    Why would they hold on to both? I don't understand your angle. I don't see them being better than what they displayed this season and last season. Neymar is getting older and Mbappe is not gonna get any faster
    Se Queda

  14. #3179
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,616
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    Why would they hold on to both? I don't understand your angle. I don't see them being better than what they displayed this season and last season. Neymar is getting older and Mbappe is not gonna get any faster
    To have one last chance at CL before huge drop off in quality when they go.

  15. #3180
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    7,129
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    To have one last chance at CL before huge drop off in quality when they go.
    They will leave regardless. Better get a lot of cash for it and rebuild than have it happen instantly and no money. IMO I just don't think they will be big contenders next season so that's why I share this opinion.
    Se Queda

Tags for this Thread