Antoine Griezmann

I can't believe he proclaimed he can sit at Leo and Penaldo's table.
He was crap at world cup too. France didn't win because of him for sure. Yet he was 3rd at the Ballon d'or results. He has a great PR I guess.

snowy

Think he meant on da table. Sitting Peking �� Duck 'bout to get wrapped. ��

Why so many players lose their shine when they join Barca??? She is a mangler!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is a great player, just not suited to Barca. Would thrive at any number of clubs.

With legitimate sporting direction at the club, he would've never been a target to begin with much less the shady way they closed the deal (In keeping with the string of shady transfers that has been a hallmark of this board)

Laplacian

With legitimate sporting direction at the club, he would've never been a target to begin with much less the shady way they closed the deal (In keeping with the string of shady transfers that has been a hallmark of this board)

Literally multiple people from across multiple forums called it when the rumours first started. This is what the team needed for its attack by the end of 2018/2019: High quality wingers ( considering Malcom's mediocrity and Dembele's fitness issues) for penetration, width, creativity, and more options in the box; a pure no. 8 for improved midfield creativity; a no. 9 striker to phase out Luis Suarez; FUCKING PACE.

Who do we go for? A player that's neither a midfielder, winger or striker, but a hybrid whom strives within a free role when we already have Messi (another free role player). He's incapable of 1vs1 dribbling (or any kind really) and lacks pace, so he offers very little penetration with his athletic ability. What about his playmaking ability? Great at link but that's it, he's not an actual playmaker. So you can scratch penetration and creativity out of the window for the boxes Griezmann's transfer ticks. He's not a prolific goalscorer nor is he an actual striker...

So why did we buy him? I still don't get it and never will. At least with Dembele and Coutinho I knew what we wanted: Dembele as a winger and moulding Coutinho as Iniesta's heir. What's the purpose of Griezmann? I will never understand it. It's just such a baffling deal. For 120m too.

khaled_a_d

Thing is, that wasn't really difficult to understand. Many casual fans have seen the writing on the wall.

Horatio

You're welcome
Prediction: He will deliver against Napoli and then people will conclude he should stay as he could have value in CL.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Thing is, that wasn't really difficult to understand. Many casual fans have seen the writing on the wall.

The list of things that have never been difficult to understand for this board when it comes to the sporting side of things is long. I don't believe even a board with the express intention of dismantling everything from the peak of the club under Laporta could've been more ruthlessly clinical in what has been nothing less than sporting & ethical treason

It's disgraceful from my perspective but this is the consequence of stupid money in sport perhaps - I just figured socis would be furious by now although perhaps we're all a bit fatigued from being up in arms about one thing or another

I always liked the footballer, he's been in the league a long time and for me he's absolutely on that tier of non-Barca players from the Primera that were consistently elite caliber. I see his quality as being undeniable but equally I never understood the fit due not having enough quality in the areas central to how Barca play. Maybe he can get there because he works hard &, with few exceptions, forwards have regularly struggled to first adapt at Barca but the clock has been ticking and he was never going to be the choice that stood to pay the earliest dividends. It was doomed from the beginning, I would much rather see Fati on the left

FC B

Think he meant on da table. Sitting Peking �� Duck 'bout to get wrapped. ��

Why so many players lose their shine when they join Barca??? She is a mangler!

Mainly because they are used out of their natural position and secondly the Barca system of play...

Messigician

Barcelona have put Antoine Griezmann on the market and they're ready to sell him for around 100 million euros, or to include him into a swap deal. [sport] https://t.co/fR9tDMWJIR

Just like I predicted, Umtiti, Dembele and Greaseman all put on the transfer market. French core and Abidal out dawg. Neymar and Martinez in

LABarcaFan

Barcelona have put Antoine Griezmann on the market and they're ready to sell him for around 100 million euros, or to include him into a swap deal. [sport] https://t.co/fR9tDMWJIR

Just like I predicted, Umtiti, Dembele and Greaseman all put on the transfer market. French core and Abidal out dawg. Neymar and Martinez in

On Saturday Griezmann turned 29 and Bacelona has set his sale tag at 100 M Euros. There are more and more rumors that he will be used as a trade piece for Neymar, which price has dropped from 220 M to 175 M. So if Mosuer Abidal can manage to include in this deal also Umtiti, that may turn out as a good deal. One by one, all french men has to leave this club.Barcelona is not the right place for their playing style and mentality. That is my opinion.

Arnaez

Meh, I like what Griezmann brings in terms of workrate. 14 goals, I'd say he's done okay. Team was basically cheating on defense in 2015, it's gonna be way worse now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans