Antoine Griezmann

Bulgroz

He also was key on Messi's second goal with that beautiful one touch pass for Alba.

I don't think anybody is saying he's repaid his transfer in full and is now Barca's most important player. But the hate he gets here sometimes is really baffling. Just look at that dude's post from before the game, calling him a clown and basically pretending he would only be allowed to be a substitute for Barca B if Koeman knew anything about football :lol:

FinBarcelonafan

Well, he is least of a flop out of Dembouz, Coutinho and him. He is the only player with some value left

He was very good today. His movement, passes etc.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, he is least of a flop out of Dembouz, Coutinho and him. He is the only player with some value left

He was very good today. His movement, passes etc.

Copamann at least gets the basics of the game right, that is why he is more of as asset than Fumbele, who just fumbles around the pitch...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coutinho is by far the biggest flop out of the three and the one we'll lose the most money on.

At least with Dembele despite his lack of basics and often erratic and shit poor touch you can argue the major injuries his first two years here really messed up for him.

Griezmann is still a misfit, but he can get step up from time to time. Not nearly enough for the 120m we paid for him + the 10-15m extra we paid Atletico to avoid them taking us to FIFA for tapping him up.

FinBarcelonafan

Coutinho is by far the biggest flop out of the three and the one we'll lose the most money on.

At least with Dembele despite his lack of basics and often erratic and shit poor touch you can argue the major injuries his first two years here really messed up for him.

Griezmann is still a misfit, but he can get step up from time to time. Not nearly enough for the 120m we paid for him + the 10-15m extra we paid Atletico to avoid them taking us to FIFA for tapping him up.

Yep. He is the only player with real quality left. Other than Dembelez occasional world class plays.

Laplacian

Calma. He scored a goal 2 meters away. He's still a very big disappointment and i'll sell him for 60 million euros in a heartbeat.

That's exactly what I want from him though. Constantly getting at the end of those chances and scoring goals from inside the box.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He isnt the perfect player for barca but at the moment he is a lot more important than Dumbele or braithwhite (sorry [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]). The pass to alba before Messi's second goal was excellent, rakitic would have made a backpass probably :p

Bobo32

He isnt the perfect player for barca but at the moment he is a lot more important than Dumbele or braithwhite (sorry [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]). The pass to alba before Messi's second goal was excellent, rakitic would have made a backpass probably :p

I just commented on that sequence in another thread.
Before that in the same sequence, Griezmann had passed the ball back three times I think, often unforced, after much work had been done to get the ball to him...

The pass to Alba was very nice obviously, something I expected him to do regularly - an obvious 1-2 that a "playing winger" should make in his sleep but someone like Dembele won't.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I just commented on that sequence in another thread.
Before that in the same sequence, Griezmann had passed the ball back three times I think, often unforced, after much work had been done to get the ball to him...

The pass to Alba was very nice obviously, something I expected him to do regularly - an obvious 1-2 that a "playing winger" should make in his sleep but someone like Dembele won't.

I know i have often criticised griezi for doing too many backpasses and rarely play 'risky' passes but as long as we have only dumbele and braithwhite Griezi has to play. The pass to alba has surprised me, knowing griezi i expected a back pass or side pass. If he can do that more often im happy with him.

SmilerBam

He also was key on Messi's second goal with that beautiful one touch pass for Alba.

I don't think anybody is saying he's repaid his transfer in full and is now Barca's most important player. But the hate he gets here sometimes is really baffling. Just look at that dude's post from before the game, calling him a clown and basically pretending he would only be allowed to be a substitute for Barca B if Koeman knew anything about football :lol:

It's just the fact that people expect much more from a guy that costed 120 million euros. Much more than a nice pass now and than,or a tap in every 5 games. Also, many people can't forget his arrogance regarding the ''La Decision'' video,which was cringe af or that quote when he said he stays at the table with Messi and Ronaldo. Now that he is at a truly big team, he can see how far away he is even from a 33 years old Messi. Very,very far. But anyway, his Copa contributions were significant, so that's that.

Bulgroz

Hasn't it been established that the La Decision thing was Pique's idea, to promote one of his side jobs?

As for the "same table" comment, yes, it was dumb. It was made at a time where he had a pretty amazing season though, and a lot of footballers have said and done dumber things. It's not like he's arrogant on a daily basis, quite the opposite actually. Another reason why I'll never get the amount of sheer hate some people have for him.

CatalinR10

If a decent offer comes around , sell him .

We need a striker desperately and he isn't the type of player whom you can expect 30+ goals per season on a constant basis from.

Anyways , he's had a huge impact on this copa win thanks to our remontada games so respect to him in that aspect.

Home of Barca Fans