Antoine Griezmann

Messigician

We're paying the guy like 40m a year pre tax. Not ideal given his position/role in the team, his performances and age.

Yeah so we are never getting rid off him, might as well enjoy the ride and hope Cardioman can play until his mid 30s at the same level

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah so we are never getting rid off him, might as well enjoy the ride and hope Cardioman can play until his mid 30s at the same level

Unlike some of the other tossers in the squad he'll leave if he's told we want to move on. Not the type of guy to linger around and collect his paycheck while he rides the bench.

Laplacian

can't understand how he is deemed as leader of france NT when it's pogba and mbappe the ones who run the show

Marketing is a powerful tool. Most of fans on reddit are convinced Dembele is this really good player as well, simply because he plays for Barcelona.

Andresito

Staff member
Antoine Griezmann worked hard as always during France's EURO 2020 opening game with Germany. The forward ran 11,1 kilometers, an that's very impressive for a player in his position. Only N'Golo Kant? ran more with 11,8 kilometers. [sport]

Cardiomann.

mc_lovin

He has not a single attribute I associate with a good midfielder (apart from running around I guess). France (and Atletico) are his absolute comfort zones, working hard in a deep block and having a few quality touches here and there (for example before the offside goal vs Germany). He's not a complete talentless hack, but badly limited to a specific role (and we can't offer him that role, and it's not because Messi occupies it). We will rightfully never want one of our forwards to only contribute to counter attacks by good touches in midfield (and nothing else).

If we don't have a clear plan how to start him he should be gone. There's minimal hope for something like Fati/Depay - Messi/Aguero - Griezmann to work out.

FinBarcelonafan

He has not a single attribute I associate with a good midfielder (apart from running around I guess). France (and Atletico) are his absolute comfort zones, working hard in a deep block and having a few quality touches here and there (for example before the offside goal vs Germany). He's not a complete talentless hack, but badly limited to a specific role (and we can't offer him that role, and it's not because Messi occupies it). We will rightfully never want one of our forwards to only contribute to counter attacks by good touches in midfield (and nothing else).

If we don't have a clear plan how to start him he should be gone. There's minimal hope for something like Fati/Depay - Messi/Aguero - Griezmann to work out.

Yes, rather see a pure winger instead of him, if we have Messi.

Birdy

And even if Messi was not around, I doubt he would be a hit here given his inability to open up a defense, dribble, make a crucial through balls, and all the other qualities needed for a team attacking and facing deep blocks

Home of Barca Fans