Antoine Griezmann

Rivaldo96

The big problem with paying out his release clause was paying an extra 15m euros because Bartomeu was incompetent enough to break the rules on approaching players. So he ended up costing 135m euros instead of 120m. If it wasn't for Dembele and Coutinho being bought for 100m+ previously there would be a lot less complaints.

That said was always a bit overrated and this is actually the player he is, was massive in winning the Copa but he was never going to be 2015-16 Griezmann especially given his last year at Atletico was pretty poor.

Birdy

I think it's unfair to discuss Coutinho out in the summer, ahead of Griezman out.
Griezman gets a crazy wage, while Coutinho gets a modest one.

On the pitch as well, yes he is professional and all, has helped the team this season.
3-5-2 has worked for him a lot, but when Coutinho was fit he didn't appear as much better in the 4-3-3.
Both were looking lost.

Going forward:
I think Ansu and Dembele should be indisputable starters as they can play as wingers.
We need at least one CAM/SS apart from Messi. IF Depay comes, I would not mind selling both.
But if only 1 is out, I would prioritize shipping out Griezman, because of his wage, and the difference he provides on the pitch is not substantial

Laplacian

I think it's unfair to discuss Coutinho out in the summer, ahead of Griezman out.
Griezman gets a crazy wage, while Coutinho gets a modest one.

On the pitch as well, yes he is professional and all, has helped the team this season.
3-5-2 has worked for him a lot, but when Coutinho was fit he didn't appear as much better in the 4-3-3.
Both were looking lost.

Going forward:
I think Ansu and Dembele should be indisputable starters as they can play as wingers.
We need at least one CAM/SS apart from Messi. IF Depay comes, I would not mind selling both.
But if only 1 is out, I would prioritize shipping out Griezman, because of his wage, and the difference he provides on the pitch is not substantial

Clubs are allowed to get rid of more than one player at a time.

Tackle

He won't leave until his contract is close to expiring.

1) He is being paid like a top 5 player in the world, no other club will touch him on these wages for his level

2) Wife wants to live in Spain, was reluctant to even leave Madrid for Barcelona

3) Ego. He left Atletico to move on to bigger and better things in his mind, he will not want to take a step down

We should consider ourselves lucky this window if we can get Coutinho out without partially paying his wages.

Laplacian

He'll go back to Atletico. They're willing to take back players who have failed else where, plus Joao has been dogshit this season. They can secure 2 La Ligas in a row with Suarez/Griezmann/Llorente. They'll go for it.

Relax, he's leaving.

khaled_a_d

Tbh, Felix - Griezmann exchange is a good deal for both teams.

Doubt Atletico would even think about that unless we are paying hefty sum.
Felix still has big market for himself, Griezmann not so much.
There were rumors that Felix is the one that Pep actually wants in City btw

khaled_a_d

btw, I am huge fan of Felix but he is a 2nd striker.
Couple of years ago I argued in his thread that 2nd striker is now a thing and most elite attackers are one or another playing it (back then Griezmann himself, Messi, CR7 and even Salah moved like 2nd strikers) as it allow your best attacker to move freely between the lines and be close to goal but at the same time not being marked by the CB.
The thing is, it has big drawbacks in team symmetry and tough to build around it, so it has to be elite attacker for it to be worth it, unless it is a system that naturally play with 2 in attack (like Atletico themselves)
So even if we get that Felix-Griezmann swap that people hopes for, the last 2 years Felix didn't show enough to consider him as someone occupies the 2nd striker position and not make it pain in the ass building attack around him, mind you with Messi might be still in the team

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

btw, I am huge fan of Felix but he is a 2nd striker.
Couple of years ago I argued in his thread that 2nd striker is now a thing and most elite attackers are one or another playing it (back then Griezmann himself, Messi, CR7 and even Salah moved like 2nd strikers) as it allow your best attacker to move freely between the lines and be close to goal but at the same time not being marked by the CB.
The thing is, it has big drawbacks in team symmetry and tough to build around it, so it has to be elite attacker for it to be worth it, unless it is a system that naturally play with 2 in attack (like Atletico themselves)
So even if we get that Felix-Griezmann swap that people hopes for, the last 2 years Felix didn't show enough to consider him as someone occupies the 2nd striker position and make it pain in the ass building attack around him, mind you with Messi might be still in the team

I think you are right. Give us proper winger.. That's what we need. Enough of Griezmann/Messi type.

serghei

It depends on the manager to a great extent. There's the classic way, and there's the customized way. Some managers are like buying clothes from the supermarket, and some are like designers who make custom clothes, made to measure.

I guarantee you that if you give Felix to the best 3-4 managers in the world, they'll find just the right spot for him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans