Antoine Griezmann

serghei

:lol: If everybody here would dig up old comments, I think we'd have a total of zero users who wouldn't look like clowns in retrospect.

I mean you have the father of all skeptics BBZ banking on Coutinho to be a good transfer, and he's arguably the worst of all time.

Vilarrubi

Don't feel too bad. Was skimming through comments and shocked to see about 80% were supportive of the move.

Nah it’s cool man. Said it before on here somewhere, some posters take their L’s and move on. Others will beat a dead horse just to convince themselves they’re right when clearly not lol

snowy

His "I eat at the same table as Messi and Ronaldo" totally conned me. I thought we were signing an uber-confident baller :facepalm:

but even as a prio to him, I was rooting for ... wait for it ... Duke of pre-rhino Hazard. Double Loves 4 me :wub:

Laplacian

Nostradamus represent

Griezmann is a player who thrives with a lot of space and is good playing in counters, not in possession game where space is very tight. He is not a good dribbler and he can't penetrate with the ball. That is another reason why he won't succeed here.

On the plus side his off the ball can be good at times and he can score some headers.

FinBarcelonafan

:lol: If everybody here would dig up old comments, I think we'd have a total of zero users who wouldn't look like clowns in retrospect.

I mean you have the father of all skeptics BBZ banking on Coutinho to be a good transfer, and he's arguably the worst of all time.

True. We were all excited for Coutinho/Dembele etc. Griezmann was agreed to be a bad transfer though. Nobody believed we needed him, other than Bartomeu

SmilerBam

His "I eat at the same table as Messi and Ronaldo" totally conned me. I thought we were signing an uber-confident baller :facepalm:

but even as a prio to him, I was rooting for ... wait for it ... Duke of pre-rhino Hazard. Double Loves 4 me :wub:

Well, he can eat at their tables surely, the leftovers that is.

fergus90

Everyone gets a prediction drastically wrong once in a while at least. Even people that are paid vast sums of money to make these decisions get them horribly wrong.

It's when people think they're always right despite evidence suggesting otherwise that's annoying.

KingLeo10

Tell that to [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION].

:koeman:

Messi983

What are you talking about? I see no attitude issues with him, he's always giving his best and working his ass off defensively without complaining. That doesn't seem like disrespecting the team at all to me.

Just not a good fit with a clear position in this team so he's played like 4-5 different roles since he arrived. I'll give you his offensive output is not worth what we paid for him but even there he's improved in 2021. We probably wouldn't be in the Copa final without him. Yeah, I know it's Copa but it gives us a chance to win a domestic double which I'll take every season, especially in a rebuild year like this one. Has scored some important goals in La Liga as well. GW goal against Bilbao and opening goals against Sociedad and Granada which we then won comfortably won but don't know how the games would turn out without him scoring. But pretty sure we could drop points in those games as well.

But, but he doesn't score in big games. Who does these days though? Mingueza? ;)

malvolio

What are you talking about? I see no attitude issues with him, he's always giving his best and working his ass off defensively without complaining. That doesn't seem like disrespecting the team at all to me.

while the defensive work is there and he seems like a 100% professional off the field and on it, he has this carefree attitude while playing that just rubs people the wrong way. all those flicks and tiptoeing make him look like he is here with the harlem globetrotters and just enjoys the fat paycheck and life in the sun.

plus he was happy for mbappe after he trashed us in the camp nou, WTF was that? i get it mbappe is his pal, but he could have not said that in the post match interview.

Home of Barca Fans