Antoine Griezmann

RIZALDINHO

if he is going to wait until after the wc to decide whether he is going to join us we should have a plan b to sign someone else aswell just in case he decides to stay at atletico we can't afford to the entire summer waiting for him to decide to join us or stay at atletico

Givenchy

if he is going to wait until after the wc to decide whether he is going to join us we should have a plan b to sign someone else aswell just in case he decides to stay at atletico we can't afford to the entire summer waiting for him to decide to join us or stay at atletico

right now our plan A should be the midfield, Griezmann was an opportunity too good to pass up at his buyout clause price.

i think he'll stay with Atleti. wouldn't be bad as they'll remain a force, Laliga is stronger for it and like i said we can focus on an area we are lacking

Saladin

right now our plan A should be the midfield, Griezmann was an opportunity too good to pass up at his buyout clause price.

i think he'll stay with Atleti. wouldn't be bad as they'll remain a force, Laliga is stronger for it and like i said we can focus on an area we are lacking

TBF I get the point of strengthening the midfield as a top priority, but we really need a striker to compete with Suarez, who was a ghost of his former self, even with 25 goals in La Liga. He scored once in CL, which is our main focus and priority next season. Griezmann would give us Better options offensively, and is a bargain in the current market. Hope to see Suarez and Pique slowly but surely being phased out by next seasons progression.

gregorrin10

Thing is, he seems to be a loyal player, and you gotta respect that. He already rejected going anywhere first because of their transfer ban, and now he's also unsure. And who could blame him, he is the star of his team, he just won Europa League, his team is among the biggest favourites to win either CL or EL and the two domestic competitions every year, the only thing that seems to be irritating for him there is Simeone's defensive set-up. I wouldn't blame him if he stays in Atletico, like someone said, La Liga would stay stronger for it, and at least some bit of loyalty would come back into the transfer market.

That said, i really hope we're not gonna end up waiting for him for the whole summer. Make him make a definite decision before the World Cup. If he comes, that's good, because he is a world class player, and in this market a bargain at 100M. But if he doesn't wanna come before the pre-season starts, move on and work to improve our midfield in that time already instead, while just put Coutinho up front for the next 2-3 years. He can always play in midfield from time to time, and then after Suarez leaves, we'll probably buy a new world class 100M+ attacker/winger, and after that Coutinho can be morphed back into that Iniesta role.

And as much as i hate seeing Suarez play, since he's so bad right now, buying a world class midfielder or two would improve Suarez's form significantly, i truly believe that. It's about the midfield service as much as it is about having a world class attacker. And if Suarez really doesn't get better even with a world class midfield behind them, just play the Coutinho-Messi-Dembele attack and bench Suarez, while with having great numbers in midfield we can easily put someone like Arthur or Alena in midfield along with that WC midfielder (my choices Thiago and Eriksen because they can play CM/DM just as easily and good as CM/AM. And then in this case sell Suarez next summer (which i think we should seriously consider in any case, as he'll be 32 and even more slow and not agile by then, and since Messi won't move from the middle until he leaves probably, so Suarez is really becoming obsolete). And get at least a good 50M for him instead of keeping him until his contract ends and he leaves for almost nothing, while in that time he becomes another Arda, hated by most of the fan base, which still like and respect him right now for the good 4-5 years he gave this club so far.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think he's already decided to leave and will just stay silent until July 1. Otherwise he'd have said he was staying.

Nothanks

people are overreacting it's not even June yet and people expect us to have 3 signings in the bag, we almost have a CB if we believe rumors, we are pursuing griezmann, we already have arthur and pursuing a chance to bring him sooner.

transfer season hasn't even started yet and people demanding names and shit

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is no saga, he's waiting on July for his buy out clause to drop.

Deschamps said he will announce it before the WC and kind of put pressure on him to do so + I don't believe for a second Barça won't prefer paying a bit extra to pay it in installments.

Taking out 100m right away is a significant investment.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
barca cannot legally buy him until july 1 if we activate his release clause.

But it would serve Barça the best to negotiate with Atlético instead. Pay them 10m more if necessary and spread the payment through 3 years rather than pay it all upfront by activating his buyout.

That's the point. That's why every club tries until the last second to negotiate instead.

Now if Atlético don't want to negotiate is another story, but as of now, Griezmann hasn't told them for sure he want to leave.

Home of Barca Fans