Denmark

La LL

Generally Delightful
Strong game against Portugal tomorrow. One to look out for...

5353.awww+yeah.jpg

La LL

Generally Delightful
2-1! As always I can't stay mad at our team after stuff like this (but I am still mad at the 3-0 beating by Japan in 2010 WC). Let's just hope we can keep our heads above water now!

Blaugrana94

Great game, great result. We made a lot of chances but scored only twice :-(. We could've been leading the match with 4 or 5 goals. We'll repeat 1992, go Danmark.

Mes que un club

Fantastic game.

Silberbauer, Bjelland, Kvist, Eriksen, Rommedahl, Krohn-Dehli were all fantastic yesterday. I am much more optimistic for Euro 12, than i was for WC 2010. It seems much more fluid, cohesive and fresh now. The old generation is more or less gone, and players such as William Kvist (Stuttgart), Christian Eriksen (Ajax), Nicolai Boilesen (Ajax), Andreas Bjelland (FC Nordsjælland) impress me a great deal.

dalitis8

Banned
It's good to see some European nations producing talent.

Spain, Germany, Russia, Greece and Denmark are good examples I think.

Mes que un club

I guess this is now our preferred line-up, if everyone is ready (very unlikely):

Thomas Sørensen (Stoke)
Lars Jacobsen (FCK)-Simon Kjær (Roma)-Daniel Agger (Liverpool)-Nicolai Boilesen (Ajax)
William Kvist (Stuttgart) - Niki Zimling (Brugge)
Dennis Rommedahl (Brøndby) - Christian Eriksen (Ajax) - Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brøndby)
Nicklas Bendtner (Sunderland)

This is quite strong, but it seems very likely that Agger will get injured, as he always does. This would put Andreas Bjelland (FC Nordsjælland) in there, which i am quite satisfied with. A wonder he has not been sold yet. Superb ball-playing, left footed central defender, with good physique, authority and natural leadership.

This leaves our weak positions to be Right Back (Lars Jacobsen is OK now, but is only getting older, and who can replace him? Silberbauer?) and left wing (Krohn-Dehli is not consistent enough, and though he was great yesterday, not of an international standard). I like the combinations between Eriksens touch and vision, Rommedahls pure speed and timing of runs, and Bendtner box play and goalscoring - as we have now seen twice, once against Norway and once against Portugal. Kvist has been key for us, and is becoming a real key man for Stuttgart in Germany as well.

I like our chances of progressing from the group.

Blaugrana94

We've Martin Vingaard who in my opinion is much better than Michael Krohn-Dehli. And do you really think that Thomas Sørensen is better than Lindegaard who gets more playing time in a bigger club?

My preffered line-up (including the injuried players): Lindegaard: Boilesen, Kjær, Agger, Jacobsen: Zimling, Kvist, Eriksen: Vingaard, Rommedahl and Bendtner.

BTW - I hope to see Kasper Schmeichel soon.

F

Frejsgodes

We've Martin Vingaard who in my opinion is much better than Michael Krohn-Dehli
Krohn-Dehli just needs consistency. When he is on form he is really amazing and also better than Vingaard in my opinion. I'm not even sure Vingaard plays regularly for his club.

Trillske

An exhibition game with two teams playing pretty badly should be boring, but not this boring. Granted Sweden played absolutely horrible all over the field, but what the hell team tries their absolute best to focus their possession between the goalkeeper and CBs in an exhibition game. WTF denmark, its gotten worse since 2004. :banghead:

Home of Barca Fans