Andrea Pirlo

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Low did change the style to nullify Pirlo... But he obviously got it all wrong. Muller would have been the ideal choice for that. His work rate and defensive game is awesome and it would have been quite handy to contain Pirlo

Sergio

Sergison
Only me thinking Pirlo had a 'poor' game vs Germany? Mario, Montolivo, the defense, Pazzano etc though :worthy:
God yes! I love Pirlo, but the way everyone goes on you would think Italia is a one man team. Its Montolivo coming into the side over Motta which has improved our play immensely. I think if he plays and Italia have that triangle of Marchisio, Montolivo and Pirlo, getting a good amount of possesion from the Spanish is possible.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
God yes! I love Pirlo, but the way everyone goes on you would think Italia is a one man team. Its Montolivo coming into the side over Motta which has improved our play immensely. I think if he plays and Italia have that triangle of Marchisio, Montolivo and Pirlo, getting a good amount of possesion from the Spanish is possible.

I don't think many that knows a little something about the game thinks that Italy is a one man team. But check again which thread this is - the Andrea Pirlo thread. We praise the rest of the team in the Italy thread or specific player thread. Yes, they were all amazing, everybody from Balotelli to Montolivo to Cassano to De Rossi to the whole defence and tactics and fighting spirit and creativity.
Italy ftw, if they play like this against Spain than I hope they win. But Spain is going to keep possesion and bore Italy to submission and probably score in the dying minutes.

Superfly

Banned
More like the way everybody goes on you would think Pirlo's a 20 year old wonder kid with the sky being the limit :lol:

He's been one of the greats throughout his whole career, don't know why everybody's just now getting hyped up about him.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Probably because he went off the boil for a little bit and a lot of people who don't watch Italian football are only just re-noticing him.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Probably because he went off the boil for a little bit and a lot of people who don't watch Italian football are only just re-noticing him.

I watch Italian football sometimes, but tbh it's just plain boring most of the times (besides Napoli). Why can't they play more like the NT in serie A, almost all the players from the NT play in serie A - but watching Juventus (even though they won) is like watching paint dry, not to mention Inter or Milan f**k up's against weaker teams.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
^You really think he was 'poor'? How come so? He was officially MOTM despite Balotelli scoring two great goals. That says it all frankly.
Not a poor game per se, more like mediocre. It was his worst game of the tournament and he was outperformed by most players in his team. Definitely not a performance worthy of being elected man of the match. The way people are going on (not just in this thread, obviously) you could believe Italy are just Pirlo, a decent defense and now Super Mario...

Montolivo has been incredible during the last two games (Italy's best player IMO), but won't get any praise, especially after missing that pen (I tried searching for the Montolivo thread after the England game but didn't find it). Buffon has been great, and so has the defense. And Prandelli deserves immense credit for changing the team and making a football player out of Balotelli.

ricknattery

many madrid fans now are rooting for Pirlo for Ballon D'or :lol:
a week ago that thought would not have crossed their minds even remotely

Trillske

I watch Italian football sometimes, but tbh it's just plain boring most of the times (besides Napoli). Why can't they play more like the NT in serie A, almost all the players from the NT play in serie A - but watching Juventus (even though they won) is like watching paint dry, not to mention Inter or Milan f**k up's against weaker teams.
The last Serie A season started out fantasticly entertaining. Serie A hasnt been boring in a good while, until later this season where it suddenly turned to shit (quality wise, I suppose its been lacking a bit for a while).

B

barcelonista

Trillske, you lied to us. You said Zlatman was the best player of Serie A by a distance when in reality Pirlo > Zlatman.

MagIX

Yes, best player of the Euro, ok, but it would be a joke if he win the golden ball and Xavi never!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Juve are "shit" I wonder which teams are good and which are great.
We really shouldn't be replying but since it's a trend to call anything shit that isn't the best, we might as well call out on few of those who've been doing it.

Home of Barca Fans