Andrea Pirlo

DucdeOrléans

His contract expires the 30th June and we have previously shown interest. Supposed to be one of Peps favourites and they even played together in Brescia.

Would he be a decent back-up for Xavi or alternative for Cesc until the latter eventually arrives?

He is 32 years of age and although he has lost a bit of his pace, he still is a class act when fit and motivated. One of my all-time favourites on his position.

Certainly his free kick ability and passing (long) range would do us good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozHjtfhBHg

A

Alzeheri94

Pirlo is what we need. An experienced and world class player, who will accept to sit on the bench.

W

woobie

Doubt Pirlo'd meekly accept the bench, tbh.

Rumors in Italy are pretty consistent that if he leaves Milan he'll go to Juve.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
haha. if we don't get Cesc then go for it. absolutely. there'd be little to lose given he's free. we could make his contract largely performance-based.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Pirlo would be good addition to any team.

If juve do not buy Aquilani I can certainly see them going for Pirlo.

A

Alzeheri94

Doubt Pirlo'd meekly accept the bench, tbh.

Rumors in Italy are pretty consistent that if he leaves Milan he'll go to Juve.
He has said before that his age does not allow him to play all matches.

W

woobie

Could you cite a source and link for that quote, please? Asking because I do not recall his ever having said something of the kind and I do read the Italian press every day.

BerkeleyBernie

He'd fit well. With the Barça style of play, you don't have to be sprinting all over the field all the time. Xavi plays at a jog all game long, Pirlo could do the same.

W

woobie

I'd hate to see him playing for the gobbi too, Nolan. But they're apparently offering him 4.5 million a year. Fester isn't talking to any of the guys whose contracts run out (and there are quite a few) until after the season, or so he says.

Sergio

Sergison
Really he would be useless to Barca, his style of passing is similar to Xavi, but he plays much slower, nearly doesn't run, and does it in a much deeper area than Xavi, so doesn't pressure opposition. Its why Milan are not so eager if he stays or not, I think the consensus is for all his ability, his role is obsolete now.

Home of Barca Fans