Andrea Pirlo

Joan

And people are still doubtful over Koeman and think Xavi will succeed de-facto lol. You want to see one of the biggest coaching failures by a retired football failure hailed as a genius? Look no further than Juve.

It's a dangerous trend which should just die. Not only it often means seasons lost for clubs, but also can destroy potentially good coaches. I don't think Pirlo is bad. Lapard neither. There's a path and it's usually good to stick to it.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's a dangerous trend which should just die. Not only it often means seasons lost for clubs, but also can destroy potentially good coaches. I don't think Pirlo is bad. Lapard neither. There's a path and it's usually good to stick to it.

Quite honestly, Pirlo has a future in coaching. Juve needs a make-over and Pirlo should climb through the ranks like every other coach.

Bobo32

Hm, he still managed to beat Barcelona, and win the CL group.
After todays loss, he has taken four points less in the league than Barcelona...
He is in the coppa final just as Barcelona.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hm, he still managed to beat Barcelona, and win the CL group.
After todays loss, he has taken four points less in the league than Barcelona...
He is in the coppa final just as Barcelona.

Lets be honest beating barca in camp now few months ago wasnt a big deal, we were dreadful. Yes he is in coppa final with juve and juve played well against Inter but thats it. As a coach Pirlo is just horrible, he looks lost everything when Juve concedes a goal.

Bobo32

Lets be honest beating barca in camp now few months ago wasnt a big deal, we were dreadful. Yes he is in coppa final with juve and juve played well against Inter but thats it. As a coach Pirlo is just horrible, he looks lost everything when Juve concedes a goal.

If you say so, you might be right. I didn't watch many of their games. The results doesn't look too terrible though, but the squad does look a lot worse than Barcelonas in my opinion.

ebc_99

It's his first job, he could become a great coach but how can anyone expect him to be one immediately. I'm sure Juve knew it would take a few years for him to learn his trade and they have plenty of titles domestically so they can afford to be patient. They have to play the long game if the want to win the European Cup, planning for the short term hasn't worked out same with Barca.

Birdy

I wouldn't call him 'horrible' in any case, he is trying to build things but he needs to prove himself and climb through the ranks before given a chance to be the 1st team coach at Juve.
Because as FAti said WC player does not necessarily entail WC coach.

Same goes for Xavi.
If Barca replaces Koeman in 2022 it will be only for a proven young coach like Nagelsman.
Xavi needs to accept that he needs to prove himself in a decent place (not Qatar) before taking the job at Barca (sth I haven't seen from his interviews).

Joan is right.
The 'Pep paradigm' needs - if not to die - to be taken with a pinch of salt from now on.
Not everyone is a coaching genius like Pep

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi and Pirlo are not comparable.

Pirlo has neither the experience as a coach nor the personality of Xavi. Pirlo had just completed his coaching badges and started coaching when he got the Juventus job.

Now the second part isn't necessarily an issue since he could be like Ancelotti, but Juve really jumped the gun here and tried to make him their Guardiola, except Pirlo had even less experience than Pep when he took over Barca.

Bobo32

I don't know if Rijkaards experience was so great either... And he certainly never was a 'coaching genious', but he was a top 3 Barcelona coach of the last 30 years, just like Pep.
Zidanes experience wasnt so great either. Gerrard seems to be doing great. It seems silly to disregard inexperienced former players just by default.

If people on an anonymous forum doesn't feel they can judge if someone like Xavi will be a good choice right now, they are in their right, and maybe they even are correct that he does need more time. But I think the person responsible for giving the job should be able to judge clearly if Xavi would be good or not. He should not need to see him succeed or fail in another club first.

Birdy

Xavi and Pirlo are not comparable.
Pirlo has neither the experience as a coach nor the personality of Xavi. Pirlo had just completed his coaching badges and started coaching when he got the Juventus job.

You are seeing too many things that you want to see that are not there IMO, and you end up applying double standards.

Pirlo has tremendous personality, as far as this is concerned it's not a good point.
About experience, yes Xavi has more, but his experience is in Qatar, not the best of places to become proven.

Barca fans should not give a pass to Xavi just because he is who he is. This should stop.
If he wants Barca, he needs to prove he is as good a coach as he was a player

I don't know if Rijkaards experience was so great either... And he certainly never was a 'coaching genious', but he was a top 3 Barcelona coach of the last 30 years, just like Pep.
Zidanes experience wasnt so great either. Gerrard seems to be doing great. It seems silly to disregard inexperienced former players just by default.

Rijkaard has recorder 0 successes after Barca.
Zidane's value should be assessed outside RM as well.
As far as Gerard is concerned, he is doing the right thing: becoming proven elsewhere to earn a chance at Liverpool

Last edited:

Bobo32

Rijkaard has recorder 0 successes after Barca.
This is besides the point. Barcelona need a good manager for Barcelona.
Zidane's value should be assessed outside RM as well.
Also beside the point. Zidane was good enough for 3CL, he didn't need to prove himself before.
As far as Gerard is concerned, he is doing the right thing: becoming proven elsewhere to earn a chance at Liverpool
He is proving himself at a great club and he is doing better than expected. Obv. Klopp has the job now, had he not succeeded, Gerrard would probably be there now, and he would be as good as he is now.

My main point was in my second paragraph by the way.

Home of Barca Fans