Andrea Pirlo

malvolio

Bum.

Frauds usually have a tendency to make you believe at first they are good. Pirlo was shite all season

mc_lovin

I don't think Pirlo and Xavi are comparable (except that they are both ex players). Pirlo never struck me as the coaching type.

Either way, I am 90% sure Koeman stays unless something drastic happens, so Xavi should consider his next move well. I wouldn't join a lower European side if I was him, maybe go the Zidane route and make a round trip next year (visit Bayerns facilities, Pep and so on).

khaled_a_d

I don't think Pirlo and Xavi are comparable (except that they are both ex players). Pirlo never struck me as the coaching type.

Either way, I am 90% sure Koeman stays unless something drastic happens, so Xavi should consider his next move well. I wouldn't join a lower European side if I was him, maybe go the Zidane route and make a round trip next year (visit Bayerns facilities, Pep and so on).

The problem with Xavi is that he is having it too comfortable in Qatar.
He actually loves the lifestyle he is having there, and he spoke about his wife talking about raising their family in Doha.
Never mind an unlimited support for him as a coach
That is different from guys like Zidane or Pep tbh

BarcaOG

Banned
CR is hardly the reason they didnt go through, lol. porto played better overall and deserved to go through.

pirlos league is a lot more telling than his CL record. Juve have a good enough squad to win Seria A which is exactly what they have done for 10 years and pirlo is bottling it there against an inter team that was relegated to the europa league

Rassvet

CR is hardly the reason they didnt go through, lol. porto played better overall and deserved to go through.

pirlos league is a lot more telling than his CL record. Juve have a good enough squad to win Seria A which is exactly what they have done for 10 years and pirlo is bottling it there against an inter team that was relegated to the europa league

yet you're bashing Messi for our loss to PSG :clown:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Pirlo and Henry were disasterclass. Lampard struggled also. Zidane knew how to get the best out of his team during 2016-2018 but watching Real this season it seems like he has no tactic. What are we learning? Just because a player has a worldclass career dont make them good managers.

Bobo32

Pirlo and Henry were disasterclass. Lampard struggled also. Zidane knew how to get the best out of his team during 2016-2018 but watching Real this season it seems like he has no tactic. What are we learning? Just because a player has a worldclass career dont make them good managers.

With Henry it was pretty obvious that he would probably be a terrible manager.
Pirlo I don't know, I thought it could go either way beforehand. Needs more time in order to evaluate him.
Of course we always knew that being a good player didn't guarantee being a good manager. There are many examples of that. But many, many examples of great players becoming great managers as well. Cruyff, Rijkaard and Pep were great players, so it is natural for Barcelona to have a tendency to look in this direction.

Xavi is one of the former players that I would expect most of as a manager. Not only because he was a very smart midfielder with leadership qualities, but mostly because he seems to be very much obsessed with the game, with a very clear and strong view on the basic way it should be played, not likely to be too much influenced by a single result or by other peoples opinions. I think that at this moment, Xavi would be the perfect one for Barcelona. If the results doesn't go his way, he would have to go, but he would make some necessary changes for the club to get back in the right direction.

Horatio

You're welcome
And people are still doubtful over Koeman and think Xavi will succeed de-facto lol. You want to see one of the biggest coaching failures by a retired football player hailed as a genius? Look no further than Juve.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans