Andrea Pirlo

BarcaGirl

599898_256479997794893_1004769084_n.jpg

:cry:
He would have deserved this EC..

my heart broke in one million pieces when I saw this :cry:

PacoBJuarez

Buy a clue.

Unless you were watching a different match, you'd be blind not to see that. I'm not trying to insult Pirlo, as he's a an excellent player and a lot of fun to watch, but Xavi was most definitely be the better of the two IN THAT MATCH. Feel free to analyze why that is, whether it be the difference in side quality or tactics or whatever, but it's true. With that being said, I love both players and I hope they get the chance to meet many more times before the end of their careers.

Alonso

Xavi is better than Pirlo imo. And i'm not saying that bcuz i'm a Barca fan :lol:
Xavi showed his class yesterday.
But Pirlo is an amazing player and you can't help but feel sorry for him when you see his tears.

Snake

But Pirlo is an amazing player and you can't help but feel sorry for him when you see his tears.

Yeah, almost made me cry too just seeing him :( But no need to feel sorry for him, he's won everything in his career... well, except the Euro.

Trillske

Juve is a shit team in regard to almost choking against a Milan pretty much playing the bench/stands + zlatan the whole season, and beeing very very hard to like, even ignoring calciopoli. They are not the worst team in the world or anything.
Well Spain are the better team obviously and play more midfielders in the setup, not many shine against Barcelona/Spain that's just the way it is.

The comments on chat were really annoying and senseless, Superfly, Pepe etc.
Except for Swedish "Allsvenskans" Daniel Andersson, aka "Danny-sideways". Im still laughing at how he dictated the field against Spain in Euro 2008, its too f-ing serendipitous. :lol:

MoFroBo

I don't think starting 11 Milan and bench Milan differs so much, whole team is basically filled with squad players. Fit Aquiliani would not change anything besides choking. Juve totally outplayed Milan in a big games last year, they have beaten all top italian teams unlike Milan and they were much more consistent. Infact it was Milan who choked against every big opponent. Give credits when its due, even if it is ladri club.

Trillske

I don't think starting 11 Milan and bench Milan differs so much, whole team is basically filled with squad players. Fit Aquiliani would not change anything besides choking. Juve totally outplayed Milan in a big games last year, they have beaten all top italian teams unlike Milan and they were much more consistent. Infact it was Milan who choked against every big opponent. Give credits when its due, even if it is ladri club.
I cant make sense of this post at all. First of all, you have the ghost goal (we probably shoudnt discuss more). Milan where better than Juve one game, Juve where better than Milan one game.

Second.. what? Did you even see Milan play this season? With a full squad, they where really good. Just slightly behind the best teams in the world. With an injured squad they where... I dont know, horrible isnt even enough. With the oldies on the field, they where so bad it was painful to watch.

EDIT: Realized this is not a Milan thread, sorry for OT wont take it further.

MoFroBo

I am not talking only about Juve-Milan games. Juve has beaten every single big opponent in Italy unlike Milan.

Milan was filled with mid table midfielder, don't tell me they were missing key midfielders most of the season. Only significant loss is Silva's or Ibra's injuries, other players are replaceable. Just remineder of Barca game in knockout stages, they way Milan played at home was just disgraceful for this caliber club.

XaviMessiGirl

yeh still remember Juve were gifted that game against Milan. But doesn't change the fact that Milan had several losses, including both Milan derbies. It's easy to tell who was the better team last season.

Trillske

Well, lets put it this way: Aquilani was a saviour when he came back from his injury. Thats how bad the injured squad was. On the field between Silva and Ibra , its some of the worst performances I´ve seen from a "top" team.

But no, not taking anything away from Juve (or Pirlo). Their 15 ties where not pretty, but they played some really great games second half of the season. Fiorentina comes to mind. And Pirlo.. well you know.

But its still a fugly team with one (ok, two; Del Piero) admirable players.

And yeah, that picture.. it makes me want to cry too. :(

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans